Oregon @ Oregon State (Tues 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ Oregon State (Tues 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MAR 12 (TUE) 6:00 PM PT
OREGON STATE
CORVALLIS, ORE.
TV: PAC-12 NETWORKS

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State (Tues 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sloppy game, tied 4-4 in the bottom of the 3rd (should be 5-4 but horrible base running left Oregon at 4) and the Beavs have the bases loaded with no outs, first pitching change for Oregon as Kolby Somers had a rough outing and looked like he didn't know how to get anyone out. Beavers are really good though so it's understandable.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Errors, errors, errors, and more errors. I don't know if the magnitude of this game or the Beaver crowd harassing the players, but Oregon looks really bad tonight.

Might as well follow up a bad error on what should've been a double play with a wild pitch right? Oregon just cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot it looks like.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon ends up losing 6-7. They’re going to be beating themselves up over this one. Early sloppy play and sloppy pitching was their demise.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Errors, errors, errors, and more errors. I don't know if the magnitude of this game or the Beaver crowd harassing the players, but Oregon looks really bad tonight.

Might as well follow up a bad error on what should've been a double play with a wild pitch right? Oregon just cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot it looks like.
we had exactly one error in the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Errors, errors, errors, and more errors. I don't know if the magnitude of this game or the Beaver crowd harassing the players, but Oregon looks really bad tonight.

we had exactly one error in the game.
Huh? I saw two errors for sure that led to a couple of runs from Oregon State in the 4th or 5th I believe, pretty sure I saw more than that too. I guess they didn't count it as an error. The shortstop twice dropped the ball on easy double plays, first time only got the runner at first and the runner at second ended up scoring, and later he did the same thing and both runners were safe and again the runner at second base ended up scoring. I know there was at least one more. There were also plenty of wild pitches. Oregon State however also had their fair share of errors and wild pitches. Just a sloppy game and the announcers kept eluding to that.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

yeah steer had an error in the 4th that allowed the batter to reach base, and the runner who had been at first got to second. they both advanced on a wild pitch, and osu eventually scored a run that inning on a sac fly. the other six runs OSU scored were all earned, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:yeah steer had an error in the 4th that allowed the batter to reach base, and the runner who had been at first got to second. they both advanced on a wild pitch, and osu eventually scored a run that inning on a sac fly. the other six runs OSU scored were all earned, though.
Really? Felt like more watching it, but I'll take your word for it. The first time Steer dropped the groundout (I think in the 3rd) he got the batter out at first but the runner made it safe to second when it should've easily been a double play, does that not count as an error? I'm not a baseball junkie, just starting to get into it now. Regardless, no doubt Oregon would've won if they cleaned up the mistakes, I forgot who it was but I think in the 3rd Oregon should've gotten an extra run but poor base running left a runner stranded at 3rd. I know that doesn't count as an error but should've been an easy run regardless.

I'm glad they competed though, this team proved that if they play a mistake free game they can compete with the top teams like Oregon State.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Failing to to turn a double play but getting the batter out and allowing a runner to advance is not an error; that's just a routine ground out.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Failing to to turn a double play but getting the batter out and allowing a runner to advance is not an error; that's just a routine ground out.
OK thanks for explaining, wasn't sure since he blatantly dropped it when it would've been a double play for sure, unless there was another mistake.