Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Fri-Sun)

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

nelson pitched 5+ last weekend, i'm surprised he wasn't announced/now concerned he hurt something else.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks hand the Sun Devils their first loss of the season 5-4 after Evan Williams hits a walk-off solo HR in the bottom of the 12th.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ASU takes the series with a 7-3 win in Game 3. Oregon really needs to get it's starting rotation healthy if they hope to have a winning season.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

greenyellow wrote:ASU takes the series with a 7-3 win in Game 3. Oregon really needs to get it's starting rotation healthy if they hope to have a winning season.
Are you telling me this could be yet another excuse to retain staff and repeat the same season over and over again for this team?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The team hasn't looked bad but they really need their normal weekend starters playing in these conference games.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

shoparound wrote:
greenyellow wrote:ASU takes the series with a 7-3 win in Game 3. Oregon really needs to get it's starting rotation healthy if they hope to have a winning season.
Are you telling me this could be yet another excuse to retain staff and repeat the same season over and over again for this team?
"yet another" implies there's been an excuse prior to this, which there hasn't been.

it's widely accepted that this was a make or break year for horton, and not getting to the postseason -- by injury or bad play or both -- would seal his fate. so if you want him gone, you're probably going to get your wish.

that said, it really is unfortunate this staff can't stay on the mound. this is probably the best all-around team horton has had here since 2013, the last time we got a national seed in the tournament. the offense is fun, which has been a decade-long complaint with most fans. and kenyon yovan is as good a picture as we've had here (and we've had some good ones), so not getting to watch him pitch once a week is a shame.
ImageImageImageImageImage
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Well considering everything, including the weather, has been brought up as an excuse for the rough seasons, it wouldn't go past me if a supposed complete team "potential" for the future is a good enough excuse for another bonus and extension. Or an injury gives another pass for a miserable season.

And yes, sssssuchhhhhhhh an oregon baseball can't put seem have the season they wanted.

TBH I don't care who is running the ship, I just want a decent team.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

shoparound wrote:Well considering everything, including the weather, has been brought up as an excuse for the rough seasons, it wouldn't go past me if a supposed complete team "potential" for the future is a good enough excuse for another bonus and extension. Or an injury gives another pass for a miserable season.

And yes, sssssuchhhhhhhh an oregon baseball can't put seem have the season they wanted.

TBH I don't care who is running the ship, I just want a decent team.
TBH, I'm so tired of Oregon Baseball that it should be scrapped. We started a program because we were envious of the beavers and that is the most sickening aspect of this for me.