Softball: How to fix it

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Softball: How to fix it

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... oster.html

One obstacle Lombardi and her staff have to navigate is a less than stellar APR score she inherited.
Oregon softball’s APR dropped to 970, worst in the Pac-12, due to a single-year score of 911 in 2017-18. The transfers of the past year will impact this year’s score but Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens is confident the number will rebound moving forward.
greenyellow

Re: Softball: How to fix it

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think their APR score will come into play much since the only way they get penalized is if that number drops below 940. Even with the transfers, the score won't drop that heavily because all those players stayed academically eligible throughout the year, with a couple of them on course to graduate this spring. I do kinda wonder what happened with White's team last season for them to only get a score of 911. Maybe some of the rumors of Lombardi doing class checks and that not sitting well with certain players were true.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: Softball: How to fix it

Post by duck58 »

"Maybe some of the rumors of Lombardi doing class checks and that not sitting well with certain players were true."

I always thought, and still do, that there was more to the issues than we were seeing on the surface. Whatever they are I'm confident they will be solved.

Ariel Carlson pitched a 1 hitter with 18ks and 1bb in the 1st game of state playoffs I know that's not PAC-12 competition but still pretty impressive. In her 1st 39 at bats this year she had 15 home runs. That's on pace to break the national High school career record. That's a home run every 2.5 at bats.

I haven't been able to find out how Makenna K. is doing. We do have some pitching potential and power hitting along with DP from Vallejo coming.