New U of O voice of the Ducks for baseball...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

New U of O voice of the Ducks for baseball...

Post by nogerO »

is Brian Prawitz ( pronouced prow-its) from Roseburg, Oregon. He moved to Roseburg from Seattle where he was working for the TV/radio station that broadcasts Mariners games. He was the play by play buy for the Mariners during spring training. He did play by play for Roseburg High School football and baseball games and also was the voice of the Doc Stewarts' legion baseball team. I had the pleasure of working with him at Brooke Communications in Roseburg where he was the sports/news director. I was had my own call in talk show called Sportitude on what used to be KQEN, as well as being his sideline reporter for football and an occasional color man for the Docs. He has a great voice and mind and is an excellent choice for this job. He's so good at play by play for baseball he can sit there and keep a complete scorebook at the same time. Don't know how many of you have ever tried to keep a scorebook during a game, let alone do radio broadcasts but it is an indication of his qualifications. By the way, the last year I was in Oregon, our football broadcasting team won several statewide awards, mostly attributable to Brians' preperation and orchestration. He may also be in position to be the voice of the Ducks at some point in the future.

Wow first post on the baseball board!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: New U of O voice of the Ducks for baseball...

Post by duckgrad99 »

Sounds great!!!! First game is in a little over a month. I'm a huge baseball fan, so I hope we can get into a lot of the players,stats, etc once the season starts.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

:P Man I am getting excited for the start of the baseball season, particularly because Kent can't get his basketball team to play worth a crap. :x
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

ah, dang I was hoping miss Jerry Allen would do baseball. O well, glad to see we'll have a qualified person.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

Are we supposed to be good? at least hold our own? And is the civil war series still at PGE?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ducksball wrote:Are we supposed to be good? at least hold our own? And is the civil war series still at PGE?
Our coach is a good coach and we had a pretty strong recruiting class. I don't think we are expected to compete in the pac-10, but I think we are good enough to finish around 5-8th in the pac-10.

I don't know much about the team, but from what I heard we should be decent.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

All that I am hoping for out of this season is to be a .500 team. Anything above that should be considered a successful season, especially in the PAC10. And hopefully we can just be competitive in the civil war because the Beavs will be very good this year.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I don't expect much for the first year or two, but it's just a matter of time before they will be good with a coach like Horton.
HugeInTheEug
Three Star Recruit

Post by HugeInTheEug »

Looks like the stadium is coming along nicely. I haven't been over there since the Zona game at Autzen.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... SID=109309
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, the field is looking nice.
OregonDuck90
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDuck90 »

I'm going to be going to most of the games.... will anyone else be going?
Looks like the battery is going to be pretty good and up the middle will be strong as well.
Hopefully some corner guys and outfielders can fill out a nice squad and put some runs on the board.
There are supposed to be some smoke throwers on the pitching staff, though. Can't wait to see the starting lineup at the first game.
duc_15
One Star Recruit

Post by duc_15 »

Yea to be successful this year it will all depend on what kind of pitching coach horton has brought in. We will also be better quicker if we have quite a few JC guys. I am just really excited for the year to start as I am a huge College Baseball fan and I'm really excited UO got a team again.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckgrad99 wrote:Sounds great!!!! First game is in a little over a month. I'm a huge baseball fan, so I hope we can get into a lot of the players,stats, etc once the season starts.
Brian told me today that he would be starting in 41 days and he can't wait! :D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

AJ_U wrote:ah, dang I was hoping miss Jerry Allen would do baseball. O well, glad to see we'll have a qualified person.
Brian told me today that when JA was done with basketball he would be joining him in the booth.
WheatDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by WheatDuck »

I love baseball, can't wait to get the chatter going. HMMMMM Babe....