Washington @ Oregon (Ducks tie series 1-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Washington @ Oregon (Ducks tie series 1-1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

W
L 5-3

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Washington @ Oregon (2 game series)

Post by greenyellow »

The Tuesday game is going to be on the Fox affiliate in Eugene if anyone cares.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I wonder who pitches? I suspect Christian Jones, the freshman who Pepperdine roughed up a bit, might get a nod. These mid-week series were generally not kind to us last year... our starting pitching was simply spread too thin to support two extra starters in addition to our regular weekend trio.

That said, since it's the home opener, I wonder if Horton pulls Anderson or LaTempa from the upcoming Fresno series and goes for the statement home wins?
ImageImageImageImageImage
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I would say that Anderson definitely starts one of the two games. Washington looks like they have a pretty good offense, so the ducks are going to likely have to score more than 2 or 3 runs a game if they expect to win either of these games.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

don't think we could have asked for a better start, up 4-0 bases loaded in the bottom of the first, only one out
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Brophdog88 wrote:don't think we could have asked for a better start, up 4-0 bases loaded in the bottom of the first, only one out
Then the good ol' double play ends all the fun :lol:. The hiiting seems to be much much better so far. I can't wait to get out to a game this year. Once the weather gets better of course ha.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:don't think we could have asked for a better start, up 4-0 bases loaded in the bottom of the first, only one out
Then the good ol' double play ends all the fun :lol:. The hiiting seems to be much much better so far. I can't wait to get out to a game this year. Once the weather gets better of course ha.
The bunting of the Ducks really seem to fluster the Huskies since they probably don't practice for a team to lay down like 3-4 bunts in one inning.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

ducks win 6-2 solid pitching and awesome defense
jshulmire33

Post by jshulmire33 »

I loved the ducks dominating with small ball and solid pitching. PK Park is amazing.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Beating the Huskies is awesome, in any sport :D
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Coincidence that the baseball team plays a series in Eugene right before the basketball team? Anyway, it doesn't get much better than beating the Huskies.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

KC Serna

On the game:

“I am happy with my performance today. The weather and the rain didn’t bother me. We had a good start and after last year we really are a more mature team. We played a good game all through the nine innings and we all stepped up. We had good practices here at the PK Park, but having Oregon fans in the house made it into an awesome experience tonight. The lights are perfect for the night games. It feels great to win at home. We got a good sense of the place and all of us were really excited to finally play in Eugene. We came out really excited and the fans were great. We know we have to keep working hard for every win, but playing here is really a pleasure.”

He went 2 for 5 today, another great game from him. Great pitching from Keudell, which is great to see. Anderson will need some help, and I think him and latempa will be good support. Keudell is 2-0, sweet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duckster
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckster »

Way to inaugurate the New PK Park guys! Beating the Dawgs is any sport is sweet! The Ducks now stand at 5-4 and if they can sweep the Dawgs in this 2 game series they will improve to 6-4 and then it's onto Fresno State for a 3 game series before coming home to face Seattle U. I'll be at the Saturday tilt for the series against the Redhawks. For those interested in knowing a little something about Seattle University Baseball, here is the link to their website:

http://www.goseattleu.com/SportSelect.d ... PSID=95308

On a side note, what did you'all think of Dwight Jaynes as the analyst for the Home Opener? Did he pass or fail as a color man in your estimation? He definetly was impressed with the Ballpark!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I am not a Dwight Jaynes fan in any regard (and HATED him on the pre-Rose Bowl coverage), but I thought he did a fantastic job last night. He drowned out Giansante's unabashed homerism without being negative. He was very complimentary to the program and the ballpark, and he knows his baseball (and actually researched the Huskies, which made him more of the lead guy, and Giansante more of a "hey, let's check out those luxury boxes now!" color analyst).

So some unexpected props to Jaynes through one game.

Kuedell pitched great. He was in control in every inning save the 4th... and Housey shut things down for the final 6 outs. We once again score a late insurance run that keeps Drew Gagnier sidelined for the 9th. I know he just wants to win, like everybody else, but I'm starting to feel for the guy.

Left field made three amazing plays. I was kind of hoping they'd package them together and shoot the video off to ESPN to get some Duck baseball on Top 10 plays.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duckster
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckster »

Ya. Coach Horton said those outstanding plays in Left Field were ESPN Top 10 plays. Defense did an awesome job last night!