Washington @ Oregon (Ducks tie series 1-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Washington @ Oregon (2 game series)

Post by greenyellow »

Jaynes was better than expected and really did provide some real baseball insight, instead of Giansante's continual homerism and athletic department soundbites.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Giansante was a little confusing last night regarding Madison Boer being "next up". I couldn't tell if he meant Boer was getting the start today, or if Boer would be the first arm out of the 'pen if Kuedell got knocked out early.

Christian Jones is apparently injured, and it sounds like Horton won't disrupt the weekend rotation. Since Zach Thornton just pitched, I assume it'll be Boer on the mound today? Maybe Chris Garrison?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Coastal Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by Coastal Duck »

Can someone keep us up to date on Game 2?

I just subscribed to GoDucks O-Zone feed and can't get a peep out of them other than the KC Serna interview - I'll troubleshoot tomorrow, but if someone would be willing to update scores, I'd be most appreciative.

TIA

Coastal
aduck4ever
One Star Recruit

Post by aduck4ever »

Link to play by play and by the way it's 3-2 Huskies

http://www.goducks.com/newLiveStats/Bas ... oem_id=500
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Ducks lose game 2, 5-3.
Duckster
Two Star Recruit

Re: Washington @ Oregon (Ducks tie series 1-1)

Post by Duckster »

So now the Ducks are back to playing .500 baseball...it would be great to have them string together a nice long winning streak.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Agreed, especially because we won't be playing .500 ball in the Pac-10. I'd love to get a little cushion heading into conference play. I think we've all got our eyes on this homestand:

Seattle (4)
Nevada (4)
Southern Utah (1)

Seattle is 1-5 and got creamed by Washington State (although Wazzu is pretty good) 11-6, 23-0, and 21-7. We split with Nevada last year on the road, and nearly came away with a sweep. I don't know anything about Southern Utah, other than that they are 0-8 and Cal swept a three game series with them by a combined score of 46-0.

Splitting with Fresno this weekend would be pretty big... they're 5-2 and have won series against Nebraska and Washington already.
ImageImageImageImageImage
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Here's a link to a replay of the entire game: http://www.goducks.com/mediaPortal/play ... OEM_ID=500
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

oregontrack wrote:Agreed, especially because we won't be playing .500 ball in the Pac-10. I'd love to get a little cushion heading into conference play. I think we've all got our eyes on this homestand:

Seattle (4)
Nevada (4)
Southern Utah (1)

Seattle is 1-5 and got creamed by Washington State (although Wazzu is pretty good) 11-6, 23-0, and 21-7. We split with Nevada last year on the road, and nearly came away with a sweep. I don't know anything about Southern Utah, other than that they are 0-8 and Cal swept a three game series with them by a combined score of 46-0.

Splitting with Fresno this weekend would be pretty big... they're 5-2 and have won series against Nebraska and Washington already.
I look at those 9 games and feel as though anything less than a 6-3 record would be a dissapointment.