Seattle @ Oregon (Oregon wins series 3-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Seattle @ Oregon (Oregon wins series 3-1)

Post by oregontrack »

Ducks hit some lasers last night, but was it just me or did every single one of them just so happen to find a Seattle outfielder's glove? That's baseball, I guess.

Allowing 4 outs in the first inning has now directly led to two losses, the other being in Hawaii.

Seattle is doing EXACTLY was I called to do all of last season: changing the pitching order. Throw your worst guy at the beginning of the series where you aren't going to win anyway, and throw your best guy at the end of the series, where he matches up a lot better with the opponent's #3 or #4 starter. Throwing Stavert on Sundays last season would have resulted in 4-5 more wins, IMO. Not a big deal in the overall scheme of things, but it likely would have lessened the hangover that 14 or 15 straight losses had to end the year over the team.
ImageImageImageImageImage
RanDux
Senior

Re: Seattle @ Oregon (Oregon leads series 3-0)

Post by RanDux »

duckgrad99 wrote:Ducks lose 6-4. Not having Serna hurt.
How long is Serna out?
greenyellow

Re: Seattle @ Oregon (Oregon leads series 3-0)

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Ducks lose 6-4. Not having Serna hurt.
How long is Serna out?
Either a week or two.
Coastal Duck
Two Star Recruit

Re: Seattle @ Oregon (Oregon wins series 3-1)

Post by Coastal Duck »

Seattle is doing EXACTLY was I called to do all of last season: changing the pitching order. Throw your worst guy at the beginning of the series where you aren't going to win anyway, and throw your best guy at the end of the series, where he matches up a lot better with the opponent's #3 or #4 starter. Throwing Stavert on Sundays last season would have resulted in 4-5 more wins, IMO.
Unbelievable. Not the scenario - just the fact that I have thought exactly as you describe. In a series that figures to be a close match-up - except for the opps maybe having a dominant #1 guy (All-American-type).

On Friday, throw out your "sacrificial lamb," so to speak, (even a guy down the order that doesn't get to throw much) to absorb almost a certain loss, anyway. And who knows - our guy may come up with a lifetime performance and pull off the huge upset, setting the tone for a series sweep by getting our #1 against their #2, and so on.

Also consider Starting #4 on Friday, #3 the 1st game Saturday, etc.

Coastal - out.