Adding baseball ftw!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Adding baseball ftw!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The baseball team has really helped convert the typical basketball/football offseason boredom into something to look forward to each week. Normally, this time of the year (in terms of sports) is really slow and boring. The wait for college football to start backup can be painful. End of March - July is a long wait before college football starts heating up again.

But thanks to baseball, they make the wait MUCH easier, and even take my mind completely off football because of how great they've been playing. All I want to know is why we didn't add baseball sooner. :)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Adding baseball ftw!

Post by woundedknees »

Sheer stubbornness?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:The baseball team has really helped convert the typical basketball/football offseason boredom into something to look forward to each week. Normally, this time of the year (in terms of sports) is really slow and boring. The wait for college football to start backup can be painful. End of March - July is a long wait before college football starts heating up again.

But thanks to baseball, they make the wait MUCH easier, and even take my mind completely off football because of how great they've been playing. All I want to know is why we didn't add baseball sooner. :)
I didn't think I would follow the team that much when they were added but I find myself listening to just about all the games on the radio. It helps that they are doing well, which makes listening much more enjoyable.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Say what you will, we need to tip the cap to OSU on this one. We don't have a baseball team if they don't win a couple national titles.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Say what you will, we need to tip the cap to OSU on this one. We don't have a baseball team if they don't win a couple national titles.
I think that Pat Casey winning those national titles helped in a big way, but I think Kilkenny had always wanted to have a baseball team back at Oregon.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Maybe, but he wouldn't want to bring back a loser. Northwest baseball has traditionally been terrible. It took OSU winning a couple titles to show everyone that you could produce a winner in the NW.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I agree though I'd be much more interested if Oregon had a men's lacrosse team :)
GO DUCKS!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:I agree though I'd be much more interested if Oregon had a men's lacrosse team :)
I wouldn't mind a men's lacrosse since it's just like hockey on grass, only with more scoring.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

And less pads... A soccer/hockey hybrid.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

want amazing?

the Ducks currently have six teams that will have a shot or have had a shot at a national title this Spring in the playoff/meet/whatever

Baseball (ranked, will make a regional, though doubts about going much farther than that by experts)
Softball (faces Georgia Tech today only needing to win one of two games to make a super regional)
Mens Golf (ranked number 1, just won the western regional)
Womens Golf (finished tied for last in the NCAA Championships...but they were there)
and of course Mens and Womens Track and field....no explanation needed really
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Good point. The golf team is the biggest shocker for me. Yeah, baseball's success was unexpected, but a Pacific Northwest golf team #1? That's practically unheard of. ANY northern team #1 is unheard of.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Good point. The golf team is the biggest shocker for me. Yeah, baseball's success was unexpected, but a Pacific Northwest golf team #1? That's practically unheard of. ANY northern team #1 is unheard of.
The Pacific Northwest is producing some good talent as the level of golf courses and instruction improves here. It also helps that Martin has gone down to CA to get some really solid players.