Ducks projected in, Beavers out

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/nca ... id/5214726

Norman Regional
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pittsburgh
Oral Roberts

I would love our chances in a group like that. Oregon State is projected out right now, how great would that be? Let's hope we take care of them tomorrow and Arizona sweeps them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan96
Senior

Re: Ducks project in, Beavers out

Post by duckfan96 »

Oregon vs Oklahoma.... :D would be sweet
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks projected in, Beavers out

Post by gofightingducks »

I like that region better than the Austin, Texas region which is where Oregon has been projected most of the season as the #2 seed behind the #1 team in the country on their home field. Gotta like the Ducks chances much better in the Oklahoma region!

GO DUCKS!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gofightingducks wrote:I like that region better than the Austin, Texas region which is where Oregon has been projected most of the season as the #2 seed behind the #1 team in the country on their home field. Gotta like the Ducks chances much better in the Oklahoma region!

GO DUCKS!
I don't want to see Oregon anywhere near Texas until at least the CWS.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Oklahoma is still a very good team and would be tough to beat. They are currently ranked #12.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Oklahoma is still a very good team and would be tough to beat. They are currently ranked #12.
hell of a lot better than facing #1 though.
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

Is there any chance at all of us hosting a regional?
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

OregonMAX wrote:Is there any chance at all of us hosting a regional?
Only if they make it into the top 16 and they are at 21 with only 4 games left so I would have to say it's highly unlikely.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I'm not very educated on how the post season in baseball works, but you know Jerry Allen is starting to really get on my nerves. I mean I understand he works for the Ducks now, but he is such a ridiculous homer...he's unrealistic in his predictions 99% of the time....just yesterday he explained on his morning show that the Ducks had a pretty good shot at hosting a regional...I mean from what I am hearing here (from a much more educated group, I'm sure) it's not realistic at all....whatever...GO DUCKS! I'd like to see them beat the Sooners....
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
OregonMAX wrote:Is there any chance at all of us hosting a regional?
Only if they make it into the top 16 and they are at 21 with only 4 games left so I would have to say it's highly unlikely.
That's not necessarily true.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A lot the the possibility of hosting is based on overall road performance, IIRC, which is actually where some of Oregon's best ball has been played.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

The college baseball postseason seems a little quirky to me. According to Wikipedia, a school can pay off the ncaa in order to host a regional or even a super regional.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Oklahoma is still a very good team and would be tough to beat. They are currently ranked #12.
hell of a lot better than facing #1 though.

That's true, and the ducks don't deserve to be in the region with Texas in it. That really should be reserved for the last few teams to make it into the tourny, not a team like the ducks. I still don't see the ducks hosting a regional, but that could change if they win their remaining 4 games. I guess the fact that they play in the tough pac-10 could help their case.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

MerDuck wrote:I'm not very educated on how the post season in baseball works, but you know Jerry Allen is starting to really get on my nerves. I mean I understand he works for the Ducks now, but he is such a ridiculous homer...he's unrealistic in his predictions 99% of the time....just yesterday he explained on his morning show that the Ducks had a pretty good shot at hosting a regional...I mean from what I am hearing here (from a much more educated group, I'm sure) it's not realistic at all....whatever...GO DUCKS! I'd like to see them beat the Sooners....
Oregon has very slim chances at hosting but the NCAA isn't always very logical about where they assign regionals. Look at the softball regionals from this past weekend. They were almost all in the SEC/ACC region. As much as I want Oregon to host a regional, it may not be a bad thing for them to go somewhere else to play. They haven't played too badly on the road so I don't think it makes much difference on where they play.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

let's be honest though, baseball is probably the sport where crowd noise has the least impact and the ncaa switches up who bats last on a game-by-game basis so hosting a regional isn't totally the advantage it's cracked up to be.