Ducks #3 seed will play UCONN in Regional

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Ducks #3 seed will play UCONN in Regional

Post by gofightingducks »

I think the Ducks can beat UCONN. I sure hope so because my wife went to UCONN 8-)
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks #3 seed will play UCONN in Regional

Post by duckgrad99 »

Congrats to the ducks for making it to postseason play. Quite an accomplishment for a program in only their 2nd season. Hopefully these games are on tv.
barfight
Two Star Recruit

Post by barfight »

Anyone know any good sites for a scouting report on the teams in the region the ducks are in?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

barfight wrote:Anyone know any good sites for a scouting report on the teams in the region the ducks are in?

http://www.d1baseball.com/NCAAteams2010.htm

That isn't a scouting report, but it does have the rosters, stats, records, etc. I don't expect the ducks to win the region, but it's going to be fun.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Am I wrong here, or is the ducks region the only region where the #1 seed isn't hosting a regional?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

duckgrad99 wrote:Am I wrong here, or is the ducks region the only region where the #1 seed isn't hosting a regional?

Yeah it is. Kinda weird that the host isn't the #1 seed. Oregon hurt themselves by losing those last few games. Cal got the #2 seed in the region that Oregon was projected to be in by a lot of experts until their loses to end the season. Too bad Oregon wasn't able to get into one of the easier regions. Regardless of what the Ducks do it was a great year, I am excited for what is in store for the future of Ducks baseball!
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

where/ what is CCSU?
barfight
Two Star Recruit

Post by barfight »

duckgrad99 wrote:
barfight wrote:Anyone know any good sites for a scouting report on the teams in the region the ducks are in?

http://www.d1baseball.com/NCAAteams2010.htm

That isn't a scouting report, but it does have the rosters, stats, records, etc. I don't expect the ducks to win the region, but it's going to be fun.
Thanks
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DarronThomas1 wrote:where/ what is CCSU?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Co ... University
r2fireduck
One Star Recruit

Post by r2fireduck »

gofightingducks wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Am I wrong here, or is the ducks region the only region where the #1 seed isn't hosting a regional?

Yeah it is. Kinda weird that the host isn't the #1 seed. Oregon hurt themselves by losing those last few games. Cal got the #2 seed in the region that Oregon was projected to be in by a lot of experts until their loses to end the season. Too bad Oregon wasn't able to get into one of the easier regions. Regardless of what the Ducks do it was a great year, I am excited for what is in store for the future of Ducks baseball!
I'm actually excited to be in this regional. Of course it will be a battle in any region really, but at least we aren't up against a very hot Cal St Fullerton, or up against Texas or a North Carolina team that is always good this time of year. Only thing is, it's a long trip from Eugene to Connecticut.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I was really hoping for the Fullerton regional. Anderson and McGough really had them guessing earlier this year, and New Mexico/Minnesota? Meh.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Did anyone notice that Oregon and Oregon State travel the further than any other team in their regionals. OSU is the only one in their regional that isn't from FL. Oregon is the only West Coast team in their. It's that the Oregon schools have to travel the furthest on all the Pac-10 schools.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

greenyellow wrote:Did anyone notice that Oregon and Oregon State travel the further than any other team in their regionals. OSU is the only one in their regional that isn't from FL. Oregon is the only West Coast team in their. It's that the Oregon schools have to travel the furthest on all the Pac-10 schools.

Plus, what exactly did Cal do to deserve a #2 seed? Yes they beat Oregon 2 of 3, but they were 2-8 in their last 10 games. Their overall record wasn't nearly as good as the ducks either. I would like to see a lot of those other #1 and #2 seeds play a full season in the pac-10 and then see what their record would have been.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Did anyone notice that Oregon and Oregon State travel the further than any other team in their regionals. OSU is the only one in their regional that isn't from FL. Oregon is the only West Coast team in their. It's that the Oregon schools have to travel the furthest on all the Pac-10 schools.

Plus, what exactly did Cal do to deserve a #2 seed? Yes they beat Oregon 2 of 3, but they were 2-8 in their last 10 games. Their overall record wasn't nearly as good as the ducks either. I would like to see a lot of those other #1 and #2 seeds play a full season in the pac-10 and then see what their record would have been.
I also don't get why Cal is a #2 seed. They didn't look all that impressive in Pac-10 play and struggled mightily down the stretch. Oregon was more worthy of a #2 seed but I think they can do major damage if the pitching is on. They'll be a #3 seed that nobody wants to face.
r2fireduck
One Star Recruit

Post by r2fireduck »

Oregon was more worthy of a #2 seed but I think they can do major damage if the pitching is on. They'll be a #3 seed that nobody wants to face.

^^^^This^^^^