Oregon vs Uconn (Oregon wins 5-3)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon vs Uconn (Oregon wins 5-3)

Post by duckgrad99 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:So if we win tomorrow are we in the CWS?

No, the first round is double elimination. 16 teams will move on to the next round. This next round is a best of 3 series. The 8 winners of that round advance to the CWS.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:

No, the first round is double elimination. 16 teams will move on to the next round. This next round is a best of 3 series. The 8 winners of that round advance to the CWS.
Ok so if we win tomorrow we move on though? We make it out of this bracket right?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:

Ok so if we win tomorrow we move on though? We make it out of this bracket right?
No, because Florida State would just have 1 loss. Things would be looking really good though if we can pull the upset tommorow.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Ok I'm starting to catch on haha. Thanks duckgrad.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

it goes like this.

Ducks play FSU

UCONN plays the other conn school. The loser of this game is out for good.
The winner plays the loser of Ducks FSU. The loser of that game is out for good.
The winner plays the winner of Ducks FSU.

Now for that series, for a team to be eliminated, they have to lose two games total in the regional. It isn't a whole new series. So here is an example.

FSU beats oregon, Uconn wins.

Oregon plays Uconn. Oregon wins.

FSU plays Oregon. If oregon wins that game, they play again. The winner advances. However, if FSU wins, oregon is out since they would have two total losses and fsu would move on.

Basically, you keep playing games until everybody has lost 2 games except for one team. When you lose your 2nd game, you are immediately out.
whoever wins our game tomorrow will have to be beaten twice in a row. Whoever loses can still move on, they just can't lose again.

I realize that sounds complicated. It is hard to explain, but I think I did it as simply as possible without resorting to numbering everything and causing a mess. Believe me, once you get it, it is really simple. watching one game will probably be enough to figure it all out with the commentary on the format.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

USUaggieDuck wrote:it goes like this.

Ducks play FSU

UCONN plays the other conn school. The loser of this game is out for good.
The winner plays the loser of Ducks FSU. The loser of that game is out for good.
The winner plays the winner of Ducks FSU.

Now for that series, for a team to be eliminated, they have to lose two games total in the regional. It isn't a whole new series. So here is an example.

FSU beats oregon, Uconn wins.

Oregon plays Uconn. Oregon wins.

FSU plays Oregon. If oregon wins that game, they play again. The winner advances. However, if FSU wins, oregon is out since they would have two total losses and fsu would move on.

Basically, you keep playing games until everybody has lost 2 games except for one team. When you lose your 2nd game, you are immediately out.
whoever wins our game tomorrow will have to be beaten twice in a row. Whoever loses can still move on, they just can't lose again.

I realize that sounds complicated. It is hard to explain, but I think I did it as simply as possible without resorting to numbering everything and causing a mess. Believe me, once you get it, it is really simple. watching one game will probably be enough to figure it all out with the commentary on the format.
That's about as simple as you can get it.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I believe the winnner of this regional is scheduled to play the winner of the Louisville regional, too.
ImageImageImageImageImage