MLB Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

MLB Draft

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There's a couple recruits that are considered first round draft picks so we'll most likely lose a couple guys. I figured I'd start a thread to keep track of who of our guys gets drafted.
paduck
One Star Recruit

Re: MLB Draft

Post by paduck »

I just checked out some mock drafts and I can't remember all of Oregon's recruits, but it looks like the Ducks may lose out on Jesse Biddle. He's the 6'6" pitcher from my neck of the woods and all projections have him going in the first round to the Phillies. I can't imagine this kid not signing with the local team for big money. Fingers crossed though. We'll know more in about 2 hours.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

paduck wrote:I just checked out some mock drafts and I can't remember all of Oregon's recruits, but it looks like the Ducks may lose out on Jesse Biddle. He's the 6'6" pitcher from my neck of the woods and all projections have him going in the first round to the Phillies. I can't imagine this kid not signing with the local team for big money. Fingers crossed though. We'll know more in about 2 hours.
Of all the recruits who may never show up, it would be Biddle since he has the physical stature they want in pitchers and he's thrown multiple no-hitters. The others that may be drafted high are Nick Kingman, a pitcher who is the #2 prospect in the state of Nevada; Stefan Sabol, a catcher who is the #8 prospect in the state of California and #25 overall in the nation; and Aaron Sanchez, a pitcher who is the #6 prospect in the state of California and #23 in the nation. If we could get at least 2 of the pitchers, our pitching depth would almost second to none in the Pac-10.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

In a mock draft in SI, they have Biddle going to Milwaukee at #14 and Aaron Sanchez at #28 to the Dodgers. If you can say anything about Horton, he sure can recruit players that are 1st rounders (potential 1st rounders). I think we lose all 4 prospects that I mentioned in my previous post if all go by at least round 4.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

biddle was taken 27th overall by phillies so unless he really wants to come to college chances are we don't see him
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

cordy02c wrote:biddle was taken 27th overall by phillies so unless he really wants to come to college chances are we don't see him
Plus it's his hometown team that drafted him so I don't see him coming out here.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'm really hoping we get Sabol to stay. With E-Rod leaving we're gonna need a catcher & a big bat to take his place.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

also sanchez went 34th to Blue Jays
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I'm really hoping we get Sabol to stay. With E-Rod leaving we're gonna need a catcher & a big bat to take his place.
I think he comes here because of the opportunity to start from day 1 at Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

We lose 2 top pitching recruits but I think that Horton has enough coming back and freshman coming in that it probably shouldn't matter. It will be hard to replace 2 SR starters in the rotation. Let's hope that we don't lose any more recruits since we had 8 SRs, but will have lost 2 most likely to MLB.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

greenyellow wrote:We lose 2 top pitching recruits but I think that Horton has enough coming back and freshman coming in that it probably shouldn't matter. It will be hard to replace 2 SR starters in the rotation. Let's hope that we don't lose any more recruits since we had 8 SRs, but will have lost 2 most likely to MLB.
I would be very happy with losing just those two pitchers. It looks like Horton knew we were likely to lose them & compensated for it by getting a few more pitchers. The class is loaded with them. I'm more worried about adding/keeping some hitters like Sabol. We need some bigger bats in our lineup.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
greenyellow wrote:We lose 2 top pitching recruits but I think that Horton has enough coming back and freshman coming in that it probably shouldn't matter. It will be hard to replace 2 SR starters in the rotation. Let's hope that we don't lose any more recruits since we had 8 SRs, but will have lost 2 most likely to MLB.
I would be very happy with losing just those two pitchers. It looks like Horton knew we were likely to lose them & compensated for it by getting a few more pitchers. The class is loaded with them. I'm more worried about adding/keeping some hitters like Sabol. We need some bigger bats in our lineup.
That's what I'm worried about. He didn't really get many players that aren't pitchers so he must be confident in what he already has on the roster.
r2fireduck
One Star Recruit

Post by r2fireduck »

So far what I've gathered.
Biddle- 27th
Sanchez- 34th
Robby Rowland- 88th
Nick Kingham-117

Side note: beavers have 5 in the draft through 8th rd. Ducks: 0
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I hope Sabol comes, too, but I would think the catcher's job is Mitch Karraker's next year, yes? You don't really want a freshman playing catcher for you in the sense that you cringe when you've got a freshman quarterback.

I'm glad we went pitching heavy with the recruits. If Karraker starts, he and Piazzisi will be the only seniors in the line-up. I like Serna and Pulfer, but I don't think we're in jeopardy of losing them to the pros after their junior year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

we also just had Kuresa go in the the 11th rd