Defense and Pitching will be strong

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

WheatDuck
One Star Recruit

Defense and Pitching will be strong

Post by WheatDuck »

I just got back from Eugene this weekend, I took my son to the Ducks jr high baseball camp. I talked with a coach and one of the players, they said that Coach Horton really stresses the basics. They told me that they will be strong on defense,and they will have good pitching as well.
As for the camp it was great, it was highlighted on sunday with a trip through to Cas center. We saw the training rooms,"juice Bar", the weight room, wow now i know why recruits like our facilitys.And finally they said PK Park will be ready to practice on Feb 2nd. LETS PLAY BALL....
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Re: Defense and Pitching will be strong

Post by autzenzoo »

What does everyone think about our chances for competing in the upper half of the conference this year? Practically all these kids are playing together for the first time so I think it will be interesting to see how the leadership develops and team chemistry...
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

My expectations for the first year are pretty low, especially with all of the talent in the pac-10.
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

I'm with you on this one duckgrad. I am not expecting anything this and honestly I don't think we will be in the top half of the pac-10 for at least 3 years. The pac-10 is one of the best baseball conferences in the country and we are starting a program from scratch and as good of a coach Horton is I don't believe that he can build a program up that quickly.
WheatDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by WheatDuck »

I agree it will be tough to compete in the pac 10. But the thing about Baseball is, things can change in one swing of the bat. I believe they will win between 25-30% of thier games. I don't think it will be good enough for any post seaon action, but they will compete,and not be blown of the field, should be fun to watch.