Horton

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Horton

Post by oregontrack »

Well, if Horton is ever going to leave Oregon, now would be the time. USC is bar none the most prestigious college baseball program in the nation, and its been said it is somewhat of a dream job for him. They fired their coach a few days ago. I know a lot of people assume, "Horton's not going anywhere, he has a unique situation here," but I'm hearing the only thing keeping two mutually interested parties from coming together is money. We pay Horton an absurd amount of money (in comparison to other baseball coaches), and SC isn't willing to match. It's been strongly rumored that Horton's wife absolutely hates the weather up here and would prefer to head back to SoCal.

Anyway, something to keep an eye on. SC named an interim coach. SC is the #1 job in America, I think it's naive to assume Horton isn't interested just because he helped jump-start our program. Hope that SC doesn't come up with the money.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Re: Horton

Post by greenyellow »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see him go if his wife ain't happy with Oregon. Hopefully he stays a few more years though.
I could easily see him only staying a couple more seasons before he hands the program over to someone else, possibly one of his assistants.