Pitching rotation set

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Pitching rotation set

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... pitch.html

Just one more week to go, wow!!!!! It's definitely going to take some time to learn about the players.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Re: Pitching rotation set

Post by desertfan »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... pitch.html

Just one more week to go, wow!!!!! It's definitely going to take some time to learn about the players.
Its interesting that Oregon is going with a freshmen on day 1 instead of a Juco guy. He must be pretty good to get the nod over the Juco guys who at least you would expect to have more experience.
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

I know that horton is a great coach, but having our friday and saturday starters be true freshman is not a good situation to be in. I guess thats what happens when your starting a program from scratch though.
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

"The first pitch of the second era of the Oregon baseball program will be thrown by freshman Tyler Anderson, a 6-foot-3 left-hander from Las Vegas, has already impressed the UO coaching staff enough to earn opening day starting honors next Friday at Saint Mary's.

"The freshman, Anderson, has knocked our socks off," Oregon coach George Horton said. "He's passed every test that we've thrown his way. And, quite frankly, he deserves to be the guy on Friday. He's the real deal."

Following Oregon's workout Thursday, Horton seemed pretty set in his rotation for the Ducks' four-game season-opening series next weekend in Moraga, Calif. Freshman right-hander Madison Boer, junior left-hander Bennett Whitmore and junior right-hander Erik Stavert are also pegged to start.

Anderson, who was a Minnesota Twins draft pick, has improved his velocity since arriving in the fall and has shown consistency with his three pitches. Horton also raved about how the freshman handles pressure situations.

He's a big kid that gave up the minors to come here. I think He has the talent to get this done. Coach Horton has been around college baseball for a long time and would not put this kid in if he didn't think he could do it.

Looking at the rotation I think its pretty good. My concern is the bullpen and injuries at this point. With this team not having any real experence and being so young injuries will be there. The question is will the team be able to fight through them? Who is going to be our go to closer?

We'll see you all Feb 27th at PK Park!!! :P
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Good stuff, I'm getting really excited for the baseball season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

Cool to see Curtis Raulinaitis in the lineup. Played against him in baseball and football back in HS. Heck of a QB.
BOOF it!