Oregon @ Hawaii (Series tied 2-2)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Hawaii (Hawaii leads series 2-1)

Post by thomas time »

I guess the ducks made some deal with Hawaii that the game would end at a certain so they would get back to Eugene at a certain time. I don't know why they just didn't play a doubleheader yesterday or play today's game in the afternoon.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: Oregon @ Hawaii (Series tied 2-2)

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Glad to see we finished the series strong. Going to Hawaii the first trip of the year is not easy, plus it sounds like Hawaii is pretty good in their own right.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: Oregon @ Hawaii (Series tied 2-2)

Post by Zyme »

we were in every game. A 2-2 to start the season isn't the end of the world. Our bullpen really rallied in this last one where it had fallen flat in the 1st two. Hopefully that can continue.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

thomas time wrote:I guess the ducks made some deal with Hawaii that the game would end at a certain so they would get back to Eugene at a certain time. I don't know why they just didn't play a doubleheader yesterday or play today's game in the afternoon.
This. Oregon had a flight to catch, and the game went on forever. We had to end a couple games in recent years in the sixth/seventh inning for the same reason. There's always a pre-determined time that both teams agree to call the game at.

I was surprised they didn't play two on Sunday as well.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:
thomas time wrote:I guess the ducks made some deal with Hawaii that the game would end at a certain so they would get back to Eugene at a certain time. I don't know why they just didn't play a doubleheader yesterday or play today's game in the afternoon.
This. Oregon had a flight to catch, and the game went on forever. We had to end a couple games in recent years in the sixth/seventh inning for the same reason. There's always a pre-determined time that both teams agree to call the game at.

I was surprised they didn't play two on Sunday as well.
Real odd that they didn't do a doubleheader on Sunday so they could leave by Monday. I bet next time that they'll do that.