3-3 Start....Not bad

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

05duck
Three Star Recruit

3-3 Start....Not bad

Post by 05duck »

So far so good. Coming into the year I thought pitching would be the big question. But after 6 games, the question I now have is where are the bats? I think we need some more power at the plate. Maybe its just early still, let's hope they can get the offense going!!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
dthomas=ddixon

Re: 3-3 Start....Not bad

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

To hold Fresno St. to 1 run in the first 2 games is huge. You saw just how powerful their bats were in todays game. This team will do better than anyone thinks this year.
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

With the way college baseball works, it is very hard to find good hitters. Just about every above average hitter in high school is going to go pro because of the huge learning curve. I think finding kids who can really hit will be the last piece to the puzzle for Oregon, in order to compete at a high level.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Hitting should get better...this is the first time a lot of these guys have faced D-1 level pitching and there is an adjustment period that we're going to have to accept...as long as we can pitch and play defense, this team should be pretty solid.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

A 3-3 start isn't bad at all. Since a whole lot wasn't really expected this season anyway, I think most people would be happy if the ducks could finish with a .500 record. There are some really good teams in the pac-10 though, so who knows. At least so far, Horton was right on when he said pitching and defense would be the strengths of this team and he was worried about the offense.
nogerO
Senior

6-6 Start....Not bad

Post by nogerO »

either...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Maybe Horton can talk to Kent and teach him how to coach. Pretty good start against some decent teams, including last years national champions. I think even when conference play starts the Ducks will be able to win more than 2 games. Bellotti and Horton need to sit down with Kent and teach him a few things. However I am hopeful for a decent season next year with the freshmen getting a season under their belt and Wilson and the JUCO guy coming in, but I think the team will still underachieve as they always do, anyways enough about basketball, the baseball team will be a conference and national contender in just a couple of years I bet.