Our offense....

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

05duck
Three Star Recruit

Our offense....

Post by 05duck »

After 7 games we an average of just over 4 runs per game. The one 10 run game is helping that average.

But my question is can 4 runs per game win in the Pac-10 this year? It seems to me that we are still need power in the line up. I'm holding out hope that some of the new guys are just trying to get into the swing of things!!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Our offense....

Post by oregontrack »

05duck wrote:After 7 games we an average of just over 4 runs per game. The one 10 run game is helping that average.

But my question is can 4 runs per game win in the Pac-10 this year? It seems to me that we are still need power in the line up. I'm holding out hope that some of the new guys are just trying to get into the swing of things!!
To answer your question, no. Four runs per game will not win the Pac-10. But you're right, there's just a lot of new faces working some things out, and there's nowhere to go but up. Not having Serna has hurt, as he's both our table setter and our best hitter, and it forces 4 freshmen (as opposed to a more manageable 3) into the lineup.

I mentioned this in the St. Mary's thread, but we're getting on base okay, we're just not coming up with the clutch hits to bring guys home. I wouldn't expect the power to ever show up this year (we're just not that sort of club), but our average will get better as the weather warms up. Alto, in particular, really caught fire about midseason last year; I've noticed that, not unlike JC transfers like Jeremy Jacob/Tyrone Nared in hoops, it takes freshman about half a season to really get into the swing of things, Aaron Jones notwithstanding.

The hardest thing for a college baseball team to develop is starting pitching. We've got that down pat. The 'pen is too talented to keep screwing up like it is, and our offense will certainly pick up. I think we're in really good shape.
ImageImageImageImageImage
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Our offense....

Post by 05duck »

oregontrack wrote: To answer your question, no. Four runs per game will not win the Pac-10. But you're right, there's just a lot of new faces working some things out, and there's nowhere to go but up. Not having Serna has hurt, as he's both our table setter and our best hitter, and it forces 4 freshmen (as opposed to a more manageable 3) into the lineup.

I mentioned this in the St. Mary's thread, but we're getting on base okay, we're just not coming up with the clutch hits to bring guys home. I wouldn't expect the power to ever show up this year (we're just not that sort of club), but our average will get better as the weather warms up. Alto, in particular, really caught fire about midseason last year; I've noticed that, not unlike JC transfers like Jeremy Jacob/Tyrone Nared in hoops, it takes freshman about half a season to really get into the swing of things, Aaron Jones notwithstanding.

The hardest thing for a college baseball team to develop is starting pitching. We've got that down pat. The 'pen is too talented to keep screwing up like it is, and our offense will certainly pick up. I think we're in really good shape.
I like it! Great post
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck