#1 player commits....

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

jasnwip
Two Star Recruit

Re: #1 player commits....

Post by jasnwip »

Did we have some kind of "in" with the kid? It seems really odd that he would committ to a first year program with every other team in the Country willing to offer him. I was just wondering if maybe he had some family from the area or if he lived in the area when he was younger.

Although we will never see him in our uniform it is cool that he committed to us........GO DUCKS!!
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

jasnwip wrote:Did we have some kind of "in" with the kid? It seems really odd that he would committ to a first year program with every other team in the Country willing to offer him. I was just wondering if maybe he had some family from the area or if he lived in the area when he was younger.

Although we will never see him in our uniform it is cool that he committed to us........GO DUCKS!!
I would guess that our "in" with this guy it Coach Horton. He probably was recruiting him when he was a Fullerton.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Or the fact that he would be the automatic ace as the team is made up of freshman would be an "in"
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A lot depends on what a number of hot free agents choose to do as well. It is widely known that due to the economy, MLB is not willing to dump the huge $ figures on some of the guys already in the league that they have in the past, so a kid like Matzek may actually become even more attractive than usual to some GMs...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!