tOSU = "Tough Love".

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

tOSU = "Tough Love".

Post by woundedknees »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... pn_6201208

"Ohio State officials, in a letter to the NCAA, initially wrote that they considered suspending football coach Jim Tressel from participating in spring practice and summer camps as part of his punishment for breaking NCAA rules, but the school ultimately elected to allow him to participate in his team's offseason programs."

"He also will have to attend an NCAA rules seminar and issue a public apology."

Wow... Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done, Jimmy!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: tOSU = "Tough Love".

Post by karlhungis »

I hope he learned his lesson.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

"He also will have to attend an NCAA rules seminar and issue a public apology."

Harsh.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

NCAA= No Cajones At All
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

They could have sent a message with a truly strict punishment like prohibiting him from wearing vests when recruiting and at games. That would really put some teeth into the punishment. LOL
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

The NCAA will come down very hard on this.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:The NCAA will come down very hard on this.
They've still yet to officially rule on Bruce Pearl but I can't imagine the NCAA taking coaches knowingly lying to them very lightly. Likewise, they should also take into account how forthcoming we've been during this limited investigation. I think Ohio State could be in for some real trouble like post-season ban and limited scholarships with what is rumored to be below the surface. Both Clarrett and Pryor have had associations with the local car dealers for example which certainly doesn't speak of a "clean" program.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

To me the fact that anOSU "laughed" at the possibility of firing Tressel and then softballing the punishment to Tressel strikes me as Mike Garrett like arrogance and might cause the NCAA to administer a lesson in humility to anOSU. Laughing about how Tressel might fire him instead of the other way around might really ruffle some feathers, poorly played on their part.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

GrandpaDuck wrote:To me the fact that anOSU "laughed" at the possibility of firing Tressel and then softballing the punishment to Tressel strikes me as Mike Garrett like arrogance and might cause the NCAA to administer a lesson in humility to anOSU. Laughing about how Tressel might fire him instead of the other way around might really ruffle some feathers, poorly played on their part.
Well lets be honest here, it is not the first time that Gee has shown his peculiar predilections. :roll:
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Wasn't there an Oklahoma State receiver suspended for a full season for lying to the NCAA?

That kid should sue if they don't give the same punishment to Tressel.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Wasn't Dez Bryant suspended for an entire season after he lied about having lunch with Deion Sanders? I would hope the NCAA sees this as a much worse case of lying and acts accordingly, which means they'll probably just go with Ohio State's punishment.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

When I was young, I called my grandma a liar. For her tough love, she sent me to my bedroom and said "you must watch your TV in there by yourself."

Just kidding. She whooped my arse red, grounded me and I never called her a liar again. And, I'm 34, remember the day like it was yesterday, and the thought still scares me. I had it worse than Tressel.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

My Grandpa only whacked me once... Never had to do more than raise his voice to any of my brothers or cousins after that.

Strange how that sort of thing gets a fellas attention.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!