Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Tate Forcier Transferring

Post by woundedknees »

What was Hoke running at SDSU?

Ask Al Borges...

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110114 ... o-Robinson

New Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges runs a pro-style offense, but he made clear he'll make it work for quarterback Denard Robinson.

Brady Hoke, hired as Michigan's 19th coach Tuesday, is building his staff. But Borges, who has a rich coaching background, including stops at Auburn and UCLA, has joined Hoke from San Diego State. He'll arrive in Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Isn't that what Tressel told Pryor, and JoePa told Bolden?

Seems to be a common methodology in the Big 10/11/12/Whatcherhoozit...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

woundedknees wrote:What was Hoke running at SDSU?

Ask Al Borges...

New Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges runs a pro-style offense, but he made clear he'll make it work for quarterback Denard Robinson.

Brady Hoke, hired as Michigan's 19th coach Tuesday, is building his staff. But Borges, who has a rich coaching background, including stops at Auburn and UCLA, has joined Hoke from San Diego State. He'll arrive in Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Well, Borges is going to run a system based loosely off of the Air Coryell offense, which is mostly a vertical passing offense. Denard has the potential to put up a lot of big numbers in this system if he can grasp what the coaches are trying to get out of it - which is to attack space and angles w/in the defense. While it doesn't call for a lot of qb runs, it shouldn't be real hard to adapt the zone read, rollout passes, options and sweeps with a 1-back set. Its a little funny that this system would have been the perfect system to run in 08 with Ryan Mallet.

As for the comparisons to Pryor or even Bolden, I disagree beyond the simple difference that Denard is being recruiting to stay as opposed to commit. Tressell told Pryor that he wasn't going to change much of anything, as it wouldn't prepare TP for a pro-style offense. This is also why TP wanted to not go to a spread offense/school. I can't speak as well on Bolden, but any kid expecting to go to Penn State to play in an "open" offense is fooling themselves. Denard is not going to be a pro quarterback - just not happening, so its not like his decision to stay or go is really based on that. He can however be a tremendous college qb and w/o looking it up, he could/will probably break every QB record at UM and have himself a fine college career before some team drafts him as a "utility" football player.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Tate had the opp to come to Oregon...He chose elsewhere....And, can do so again, in my opinion....I wasnt overly impressed with his production in the games that I saw....More to the contrary....He does seem to excel in throwing interceptions....Maybe MSU or Auburn will place a bid for his services....lol
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Tate wants to start, pretty much why he's mentioned leaving Michigan all season long. He has a big head on his shoulders and dad isn't helping him to deflate it either. He won't be coming here
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Considering the hype surrounding the Forcier boys coming out of HS, none of them has lived up to his marquis.

Tate, arguably the most accomplished of the lads, bombed at Michigan.

In 16 games, Chris was 10/25 passing (44%), for 2 TD, 2 Int, and 4 sacks, in his career at UCLA and Furman. He rushed 46 times, for 2 more TDsand 302 yards.

Jason, a 3 star dual threat who was ranked 15th in his class, went 8/16, with an Int and a sack, in his career at Stanford. Playing behind Andrew Luck obviously didn't help.

Check out the family website:

http://www.qbforce.com/

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The Forcier's have been even more overrated coming out of HS than the Clausens until Jimmy showed up. I don't see him making an impact no matter where he ends up.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

woundedknees wrote:Considering the hype surrounding the Forcier boys coming out of HS, none of them has lived up to his marquis.

Tate, arguably the most accomplished of the lads, bombed at Michigan.

In 16 games, Chris was 10/25 passing (44%), for 2 TD, 2 Int, and 4 sacks, in his career at UCLA and Furman. He rushed 46 times, for 2 more TDsand 302 yards.

Jason, a 3 star dual threat who was ranked 15th in his class, went 8/16, with an Int and a sack, in his career at Stanford. Playing behind Andrew Luck obviously didn't help.

LOL, that might be the most overblown, and douchiest, family website I've ever seen
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much hype for a family that has not produced a good QB at the D1 FBS level yet.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:So much hype for a family that has not produced a good QB at the D1 FBS level yet.
I think it was simply a ploy by the dad to get all of his boys to go to school for free. I am going to start hyping my kids ASAP.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

^ Oh hell ya and he's proud of those kids...good on him!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

The Forciers are a bizarre bunch, their arrogance is truly appalling. I'm glad we didn't get Tate, we don't need a prima donna quarterback who has a sense of entitlement, plus Darron Thomas is way better anyways.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:What was Hoke running at SDSU?

Ask Al Borges...

Well, Borges is going to run a system based loosely off of the Air Coryell offense, which is mostly a vertical passing offense. Denard has the potential to put up a lot of big numbers in this system if he can grasp what the coaches are trying to get out of it - which is to attack space and angles w/in the defense. While it doesn't call for a lot of qb runs, it shouldn't be real hard to adapt the zone read, rollout passes, options and sweeps with a 1-back set. Its a little funny that this system would have been the perfect system to run in 08 with Ryan Mallet.

As for the comparisons to Pryor or even Bolden, I disagree beyond the simple difference that Denard is being recruiting to stay as opposed to commit. Tressell told Pryor that he wasn't going to change much of anything, as it wouldn't prepare TP for a pro-style offense. This is also why TP wanted to not go to a spread offense/school. I can't speak as well on Bolden, but any kid expecting to go to Penn State to play in an "open" offense is fooling themselves. Denard is not going to be a pro quarterback - just not happening, so its not like his decision to stay or go is really based on that. He can however be a tremendous college qb and w/o looking it up, he could/will probably break every QB record at UM and have himself a fine college career before some team drafts him as a "utility" football player.
DUDE!!!!!! The kid with the boogers.........OMG!!!! It's better than the rapist daddy clown though. :lol: :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Adoptive rape Daddy Clown, but I agree.

There is a reason I don't watch certain genres.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It looks like he is choosing between Miami, KSU, UW, Zona, and Montana. From the sounds of it, he would fit right in with Sark and co.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

woundedknees wrote:

Religious, pagan, dope-smoking, dreams of grandeur, delusional... All words that come to mind when looking at this site's content.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!