Central Arkansas's new field

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Central Arkansas's new field

Post by greenyellow »

Central Arkansas is changing their field to a purple and gray turf, creating a situation similar to Eastern Washington and Boise State. If anything, it looks wose and will definitely cause some eye problems for both the teams and the fans.

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2011/4/1/ ... 13911.aspx
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Central Arkansas's new field

Post by bellsduck »

I think it looks better than BSU or EWU fields. I like the contrasting colors instead of one solid red or blue.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

yikes
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bellsduck wrote:I think it looks better than BSU or EWU fields. I like the contrasting colors instead of one solid red or blue.
With all due respect, that is the ugliest turf I've ever seen (after bsu).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

bellsduck wrote:I think it looks better than BSU or EWU fields. I like the contrasting colors instead of one solid red or blue.
Call me crazy, but I agree. I kind of like it and it doesn't give me a headache like BSU.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

freedjr wrote:
Call me crazy, but I agree. I kind of like it and it doesn't give me a headache like BSU.
+1
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

L Perry wrote:
freedjr wrote:
+1
Me too. The contrasting colors is a big improvement over the solids of BSU and EWU.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Isn't bad, but I'm not a fan of the trend. I enjoy the "green" of football fields, and baseball diamonds.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Supreme wrote:Isn't bad, but I'm not a fan of the trend. I enjoy the "green" of football fields, and baseball diamonds.
To me, artificial football fields should look like what they are trying to replicate, real grass that is typically green.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

greenyellow wrote:
Supreme wrote:Isn't bad, but I'm not a fan of the trend. I enjoy the "green" of football fields, and baseball diamonds.
To me, artificial football fields should look like what they are trying to replicate, real grass that is typically green.
I like it. Half the damn field is painted anyway, why not just go all out and make it a whole new color scheme.
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

Can't dig it.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Icculus wrote:Can't dig it.
No doubt... that s*** is ugly and has no alibi.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK