ASU Rebranding

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: ASU Rebranding

Post by buckmarkduck »

The basketball unis still suck. Why do they have the most boring unis in basketball?
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

God, those are lame. Such a lame, generic logo....that's not even a pitchfork.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wheaton4prez wrote:Heh.

Improved uniforms. But, some issues, imo. The "ASU" on the sleaves doesn't seem to fit. Wrong font. Too large. Not enough space from the line on the sleave. Would have been better with a micro-sized logo there or no logo at all on the sleave.

I don't really like the black with the rest of their colors. The pitchfork on the helmet is placed at a goofy angle.

Still. Improved on what they had.
Dude couldn't agree more about the ASU on the sleaves. It looks so out of place, fugly. Otherwise, these jerseys are pretty much sick.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

http://www.kpho.com/slideshow/news/27523502/detail.html

Nice slide show of ASU's new uni's. Definitely a step up. Much better than the Cougs new uni's. I like the trident spike, looks awesome on their all black uni with helmet.

-I don't like the ASU on the shoulders, but I do like the lightening over the shoulder.

-Note on Cougs new uni's: They are boring, gray and scarlet... At least before they kind of had a silver carbon look. Now it's matte gray. Yuck!
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The ASU unis are growing on me, but I just have a feeling that they'll revert to using Sparky on the helmets again in at least 5 years.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

I like WSU's more than ASU's.

Is it time for Oregon so redesign yet?
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Supreme wrote:I like WSU's more than ASU's.

Probably will see one set during this season, with a full unveil for the 2012 season.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Supreme wrote:I like WSU's more than ASU's.

I'm with you. Like the gray on gray helmet. Kinda military-ish pilot like.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

I actually like both team's redesign. ASU's Maserati rip-off "Trident/Pitch Fork" gives them (they hope) an instantly recognizable logo similar to what the Oregon "O" did for us. WSU looks like they got more creative with their typical design.

I just remember 10 years ago when the UO was ridiculed by everyone for their uniforms, mixing and matching, etc.....Now? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
AKA: CAgrown
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Elduderino wrote:I actually like both team's redesign. ASU's Maserati rip-off "Trident/Pitch Fork" gives them (they hope) an instantly recognizable logo similar to what the Oregon "O" did for us. WSU looks like they got more creative with their typical design.

I just remember 10 years ago when the UO was ridiculed by everyone for their uniforms, mixing and matching, etc.....Now? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
it was pretty funny to read that asu wr gerrel robinson said that if "the unis were the sole factor, i would have been at Oregon signed, sealed and delivered." haha
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

I don't hate the pitchfork logo but how can it replace Sparky that's a classic logo! Shoulders look brutal, pitchfork helmet would be ok as an alternate, but the old ASU look was one of my favourites in all of college football.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

I've always been partial to the USB symbol on my pc so it's only natural that I would like it on a jersey.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

To answer above, probably going to unveil the new uniforms at the CW this year. Always change them every 3 years with the unveiling of the new set of unis at the last home game of the 3rd year (diamond plates during the fog bowl in '05, wings against Arizona in '08, etc.). Wonder if that trend will continue this year.

As for the ASU unis, pretty much what others above have said. Like the pitchfork design on the helmet and the ASU on the shoulders are too big, like that there's less of an emphasis on that UGLY maroon, always liked the color black on jerseys (except when mixed with that ugly color orange), etc.

I like WSU's about the same but for different reasons. I don't like that they pulled the metallic gray as I've always liked that but some of those uniform combos are pretty good like ours (and, like ours, some of those combos are ugly as hell too).