Heisman Finalists

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Heisman Finalists

Post by duckgrad99 »

2011 Heisman Trophy Finalists: Montee Ball, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck And Tyrann Mathieu.

Yet no LMJ. :( More Rushing yards, more yards per carry and he missed two games in comparison to Richardson.
greenyellow

Re: Heisman Finalists

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:2011 Heisman Trophy Finalists: Montee Ball, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck And Tyrann Mathieu.

Yet no LMJ. :( More Rushing yards, more yards per carry and he missed two games in comparison to Richardson.
With him playing for Alabama and being in the SEC, of course they'll give him consideration for the Heisman. The Heisman is now a joke as it's become an award for basically the best player on the best team, instead of the best player in all of CFB.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Might not be popular, but I would probably vote for Mathieu. That guy is a game changer. Without him, LSU might not be undefeated. All the rest of those guys were on teams that lost a game or two or 3, and didn't come up big when needed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:Might not be popular, but I would probably vote for Mathieu. That guy is a game changer. Without him, LSU might not be undefeated. All the rest of those guys were on teams that lost a game or two or 3, and didn't come up big when needed.
The guy reminds me of Charles Woodson when he was at Michigan. Mathieu is one the most exciting defensive and ST player in CFB and should really be a frontrunner. I doubt he wins it though since writers are always hugging the jocks of offensive players and never recognize a defensive player's contributions.
AugustDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AugustDuck »

My vote goes to Honey Badger but I would be happy if RGIII won as well.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Though I would love for HB to get it…and I’m really glad he got invited….I think RGIII deserves it. HB has the benefit of playing with a solid squad around him. RGIII is that team.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Biggus Duckus wrote:RG3 should get it.

Montee Ball definitely deserved the nod over LMJ because you just can't top the rushing leader with an ungodly amount of TDs. I'll take LaMike anyday, but those two games he missed hurt him, much like Ingram in 2010.
Take a look at those TDs... Most were from inside the 5... Oregon tends to spread the ball around more, in the red zone, than Wisky.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I don't doubt at all that the padded his stats, but it's still a stat worth noting. The Big Ten has had its fair share of power backs, but this is the most scored in the conference since Eddie George won the Heisman (25 TDs).

Even if he does break Barry Sanders's record (let's hope he doesn't!), there should be a big asterisk next to his name. He will have 14 games to beat it while Sanders did it in 11.
Agree with the asterisk since Sanders had an additional 5 td's in the bowl game that didn't count in the stats then. If we handed off to James for every td in the red zone, he would be comparable in numbers, but Chip does spread out the fun. How many td's do Ball's backup have? (Does he even have a backup?)
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Bud Lee wrote:Though I would love for HB to get it…and I’m really glad he got invited….I think RGIII deserves it. HB has the benefit of playing with a solid squad around him. RGIII is that team.

Agreed... he was insane this year, and so fun to watch. But it will probably go to Richardson, like someone mentioned, the Heisman seems to go to the best player on the best team... (Im not saying Bama is better than LSU, but point is made).

RGIII-
267-369, 72%
3998 yards passing
36 TD's/6 INT

644 yards rushing
9 TD's

UNREAL. Imagine him in CK's offense :D

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

uodux1212 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Though I would love for HB to get it…and I’m really glad he got invited….I think RGIII deserves it. HB has the benefit of playing with a solid squad around him. RGIII is that team.

Agreed... he was insane this year, and so fun to watch. But it will probably go to Richardson, like someone mentioned, the Heisman seems to go to the best player on the best team... (Im not saying Bama is better than LSU, but point is made).

RGIII-
267-369, 72%
3998 yards passing
36 TD's/6 INT

644 yards rushing
9 TD's

UNREAL. Imagine him in CK's offense :D
Well better bring his wr with him while your imagining things!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Badger's Heisman Video...I am SO happy this kid is going to be with us next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4zbJPow ... r_embedded