Ducks get a big in-state commit

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Ducks get a big in-state commit

Post by oregontrack »

SS/RHP Carson Kelly, a senior at Westview High. Was the 6A Player of the Year as a junior, when he and current Duck Sam Johnson led Westview to the state championship.

Hit .473 w/ 14 HRs and 51 RBIs. On the mound, he was 9-1 w/ 1.64 era with 71 K's in 64 IP.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ducks get a big in-state commit

Post by UOducksTK1 »

YES! He had so many amazing offers, I was afraid he'd leave the state. What a pickup!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Looks like we got two more in-state LOIs, both from Roseburg: Josh Graham and Jered Priestly, both pitchers. Graham was their ace, going 10-2 with a 2.93 era/88ks to 13 BBs/in 80 IP. Priestly went 7-3 with a 3.14 era/67:22 K:BB ratio/71.2 IP.

I would not be at all shocked if Roseburg and Westview were 1-2 for the majority of this season and met deep in the 6A playoffs in the spring.

Oregon State got North Eugene's Andrew Moore, which is great for him/OSU, but a shame for us.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Looks like we got two more in-state LOIs, both from Roseburg: Josh Graham and Jered Priestly, both pitchers. Graham was their ace, going 10-2 with a 2.93 era/88ks to 13 BBs/in 80 IP. Priestly went 7-3 with a 3.14 era/67:22 K:BB ratio/71.2 IP.

I would not be at all shocked if Roseburg and Westview were 1-2 for the majority of this season and met deep in the 6A playoffs in the spring.

Oregon State got North Eugene's Andrew Moore, which is great for him/OSU, but a shame for us.
Story about the Roseburg duo:
http://www.kpic.com/sports/133613188.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems like Kelly is leaning towards fulfilling his commitment to Oregon instead of going pro:

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/ ... over-pros/
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Seems like Kelly is leaning towards fulfilling his commitment to Oregon instead of going pro:

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/ ... over-pros/
The dude is so good, I can't wait to see him in green and yellow.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

while i would love to believe this kid, and i do believe he grew up bleeding green and yellow, this is also a time-honored ploy to get professional franchises to overpay. i'm going to have to wait till august to get excited.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

carson kelly the #54 overall prospect (college/high school) according to this baseball america preseason top 100......... that came out a month ago but i'm just linking now.