Dotson commits!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Re: Dotson commits!

Post by uostudent »

Agree with boom here. We aren't talking about Oregon taking a warm body who will only see garbage time. Phillip Nolan has the potential to be an impact big man. Bennett is obviously the main target, but he is going to wait until spring. If Nolan wants to commit, you take him and reserve that 5th scholarship for Bennett.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I would like to think that would go without saying, but I guess here we are.

Whether we do or don't is one thing, I'm more interested now in boom's complete and utter disdain for JC kids, as if they were the red headed stepchildren of the college basketball community.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:I would like to think that would go without saying, but I guess here we are.

And yet you make this statement
oregontrack wrote:'cept we need a JC transfer or two.
So which is it?
oregontrack wrote:Whether we do or don't is one thing, I'm more interested now in boom's complete and utter disdain for JC kids, as if they were the red headed stepchildren of the college basketball community.
You fail at comprehension

There are reasons to recruit and pick up a JC kid.

Adding to our 2014 scholarship limit isn't one of them.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Boom wrote:So which is it?
I don't think we're getting both Bennett and Nolan. On a similar note, I would also support taking two of any of the remaining unsigned McDonalds All Americans in this class, but I wouldn't bet on us doing that so I didn't take the time to spell that out. I've heard a lot of buzz that we'll take one more kid and hold onto a scholarship; I would prefer to use it on a JC kid who could help out immediately.
You fail at comprehension

There are reasons to recruit and pick up a JC kid.

Adding to our 2014 scholarship limit isn't one of them.
Calm down, boomer, I'm busting your chops. You always seem to set your sights on such narrow paths, you often amuse me.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Matt Prehm @Prehmmr

Oregon signed wing Damyean Dotson scored 42 points in a game after coming back from a knee injury that's kept him out most of the year.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Ndamukong Suh ‏ @ndamukong_suh

At the Lamar col. vs. Houston Yates hoop game! It is off the chain. Lil dudes can ball! #21 for yates going to U of O is nice! #Texas #NIKE
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

just a follow up on this thread:

landen lucas failed to reach the state tournament, falling to david douglas in the round of 16. kid played against weak competition and didn't have a great year. his senior season reminded me a lot of drew wiley's; not in style, of course, but in how it played out. they filled out enough stat sheets to stay relevant, but neither brought it in big games and they clearly struggled. i stand by my earlier post: this kid was 6'8 and played well enough as an underclassman to get noticed, then never developed as scouts had hoped. best of luck at kansas, but i think altman made the right call.

reminds me a little of clint chapman (texas), or that 6'10 kid who went to play for bobby knight at texas tech a couple years back whose name escapes me right now. the local schools backed off for a reason.