Who to root for the final regular season week

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Re: Who to root for the final regular season week

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

So what does Zona losing mean for us NCAA tourny wise?
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

cordy02c wrote:Ua losing means we finished solo 3rd pretty amazing considering where we were 2 years ago
It's all on coach. I knew he'd be great here.

Posted from my Android
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:So what does Zona losing mean for us NCAA tourny wise?
Basically puts any at-large bid chance they had to bed. Only way in for them most likely is to win the conference tourney.
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

Stanford vs. Cal result matter at all for us? Make our wins over Stanford any better?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we want stanford to win. would give us second place in the pac-12 (still a #3 seed) and two top 100 wins. 'furd dropped out after that bizarre loss to utah.
ImageImageImageImageImage
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

Thanks for the info, Go Trees then
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

oregontrack wrote:we want stanford to win. would give us second place in the pac-12 (still a #3 seed) and two top 100 wins. 'furd dropped out after that bizarre loss to utah.
Tied for 2nd with Cal winning the tie breaker due to head to head, right?
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

yep
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

Middle tenn. state is losing by 2 with a little over a minute left (rpi 43). I don't think they get a bid if they lose here. I think they would have to lose in their champ game, so it might actually benefit oregon. If mtsu goes to the champ game and loses, they could get our spot.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

mtsu lost and as of an hour ago we are still projected out but so is arizona
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

uostudent wrote:
oregontrack wrote:we want stanford to win. would give us second place in the pac-12 (still a #3 seed) and two top 100 wins. 'furd dropped out after that bizarre loss to utah.
Tied for 2nd with Cal winning the tie breaker due to head to head, right?
The only problem with this is that "if" we can get past the Colorado/Utah winner, and that's a BIG "IF", we'd have to play Cal instead of UW. Colorado won't be a pushover and Cal has already beaten us twice, though both the Ducks and Bears seem to be heading in different directions now.

Not exactly the easiest draw, but the Ducks are the hottest team in the league right now, so we'll see what happens. George Schroeder said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon win it. Neither would I, but I would have preferred to see Arizona or UW in the 2nd round (if we advance) over Cal.

It is as it is, though. If you want to play with the big boys you've got to be able to beat the best.

Getting excited! The Madness starts on Wednesday and Selection Sunday is one week from today! Go Ducks!!!
John 3:36
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I get the feeling that if Oregon doesn't win the pac-12 tournament, they aren't going to make the tourny. They will get screwed because the pac-12 has had a bad year. 13 conference wins has always gotten a pac-12 team in. They actually dropped a spot in Lunardi's latest bracket. It's a shame. Oregon is playing the best ball in the conference, and they are definitely a tourny team with Joseph.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:I get the feeling that if Oregon doesn't win the pac-12 tournament, they aren't going to make the tourny. They will get screwed because the pac-12 has had a bad year. 13 conference wins has always gotten a pac-12 team in. They actually dropped a spot in Lunardi's latest bracket. It's a shame. Oregon is playing the best ball in the conference, and they are definitely a tourny team with Joseph.
I think we are in if we make it to the Pac-12 championship. That means a win over Cal, and finishing 2nd in tournament AND regular season. We are in.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Ya I think we have to get to the championship game or NIT will be calling our name
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Frustrating, isn't it?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!