A 4 on the Wonderlic?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: A 4 on the Wonderlic?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

squintsdd wrote:A mentally retarded monkey could get at least half of those questions. I fear for our future
Seriously, guessing would generate better scores. Honestly, that quiz posted before was terribly simple. Anyone who gets under 20 seriously should never have been let into college in the first place.

What do they teach in high school these days?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:A mentally retarded monkey could get at least half of those questions. I fear for our future
Seriously, guessing would generate better scores. Honestly, that quiz posted before was terribly simple. Anyone who gets under 20 seriously should never have been let into college in the first place.

What do they teach in high school these days?
It makes a person wonder how he really passed his classes in order to remain eligible
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Good Grief... I got 14 of 15 right skipping the question about the 48,000 word essay.

I'm 58, so maybe it's because I haven't taken a lot of head shots since HS.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -know-me/1

At the end of the day…he is going to be a top 10 pick and will have a great NFL career.

I must ask y’all this though…how serious do you think he took that test? If he scored a “0” it would not have an effect on where he goes in the draft. I know if I were in his shoes and taking a test that is supposed to be confidential and has no real bearing on my future, I would find it hard not to have some fun with it. Not saying that is what he did…just saying is all.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Bud Lee wrote:http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -know-me/1

At the end of the day…he is going to be a top 10 pick and will have a great NFL career.

I must ask y’all this though…how serious do you think he took that test? If he scored a “0” it would not have an effect on where he goes in the draft. I know if I were in his shoes and taking a test that is supposed to be confidential and has no real bearing on my future, I would find it hard not to have some fun with it. Not saying that is what he did…just saying is all.
The term rationalization or grasping at springs spring to mind. The article mentions LSU's Patrick Peterson scoring a 9 last year, are you saying that is the culture in Baton Rouge?

Yes, these kids make a bunch on money right out of college but the careers don't really last that long. What then, a lifetime of selling used cars? I recently saw an article claiming 60% of NBA players are bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the league. At least they get to keep the tattoos.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Bud Lee wrote:http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -know-me/1

It's VERY possible this is what he did, which IMO would point more to his maturity level than his intelligence.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

The article mentions LSU's Patrick Peterson scoring a 9 last year, are you saying that is the culture in Baton Rouge?
Culture of Baton Rouge? Mo is from Georgia and Patrick is from Florida. Each are superior athletes that had A LOT of tutors (and I'm sure easy schedules) to keep their grades up at LSU.

It is no secret that a lot athletes would not get accepted to the schools that they play for and would probably flunk out if it was not for the help that they receive with their studies. Does that mean that they should not have the chance?

LSU is second only to Vandy in the SEC when it comes to athletes leaving with their degrees. Which I feel is impressive considering the talent that we have on the football and baseball fields.
I recently saw an article claiming 60% of NBA players are bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the league.
That is the NBA…not the NFL. I would be willing to bet that a lot of that has to do with players entering into the NBA way to young and not having the maturity to prepare themselves for the long term.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

By the way…I just had dental work done and I am all hopped up on pain meds….forgive me if my ramblings don’t make any sense or are not on point.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:
The article mentions LSU's Patrick Peterson scoring a 9 last year, are you saying that is the culture in Baton Rouge?
Culture of Baton Rouge? Mo is from Georgia and Patrick is from Florida. Each are superior athletes that had A LOT of tutors (and I'm sure easy schedules) to keep their grades up at LSU.

It is no secret that a lot athletes would not get accepted to the schools that they play for and would probably flunk out if it was not for teachers giving them grades they most likely don't deserve. Does that mean that they should not have the chance?

LSU is second only to Vandy in the SEC when it comes to athletes leaving with their degrees. Which I feel is impressive considering the talent that we have on the football and baseball fields.
I recently saw an article claiming 60% of NBA players are bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the league.
That is the NBA…not the NFL. I would be willing to bet that a lot of that has to do with players entering into the NBA way to young and not having the maturity to prepare themselves for the long term.
Bolded Part: Honestly, you know how many athletes there are that probably deserve to fail a class but are probably given a better grade so they stay eligible. Athletes should be like required to take a yearly exam like the wonderlic to be eligible every year. They can take it multiple times or whatever, but seriously you shouldn't be in college and score single digits in the wonderlic. Only athletes could pull that off.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

whomever released this intel wants him at 6-10. They want him to drop because of one bad useless predictor.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)