Ducks don't deserve College World Series

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Ducks don't deserve College World Series

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Not with errors like that. Oh well, bright future next year, and Kent State got freakin lucky!
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: Ducks don't deserve College World Series

Post by Zyme »

They blew it. Lost the ball in the sun, but that is no excuse. Not sure if they did not deserve it after such a good season and post season play until that play, but still. Ugly way to piss away a good season.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Kent State looked like the better team all series, especially offensively.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckgrad99 wrote:Kent State looked like the better team all series, especially offensively.
I guess you can say that, they didn't make the errors Oregon did.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

The Ducks don't deserve to go? Well duh, we lost two out of three. I know that on Saturday we really blew it a few different times, but you have to give Kent State credit for being a very good team. Kent State didn't get lucky, and they have more recent college postseason experience than Oregon anyways.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

they didn't deserve it because they were beaten 2 times out of 3 by a better team.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

oregontrack wrote:they didn't deserve it because they were beaten 2 times out of 3 by a better team.
Bingo. Those who believe Oregon blew it against an inferior team are too fixated on the college name and conference. Things could have bounced differently and we would be dancing to Omaha, but it didn't turn that way.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
oregontrack wrote:they didn't deserve it because they were beaten 2 times out of 3 by a better team.
Bingo. Those who believe Oregon blew it against an inferior team are too fixated on the college name and conference. Things could have bounced differently and we would be dancing to Omaha, but it didn't turn that way.
Naaa, I dont mean they blew the series, I mean they blew the play. The better team won. Sucks, but it happens.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ducks are a hitter away from winning a series like this. Kent State's 1-6 hitters are loaded, in terms of both power and getting base hits. Oregon's hitting is just not CWS material. And despite how good our pitching is, teams at this point can all hit, so you gotta compensate with some offense.

Best part of this team though: Not giving up. I think we were slightly outmatched, but that doesn't stop us from keeping every loss within a run.

Also errors suck... Probably ended up being a deciding factor in this series.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

It also hurt us that Keudell got off his roll. He was lights out until the OSU series. He won us a lot of games until then. Bummer that he wasn't able to stay hot a few more weeks.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

You all beat me to it, the Ducks were beaten by a better a team and it sucks. kent State was good and the teams were fairly close to even but clearly they were the better team beating two out of three, i know some need to blame in order to deal but get some perspective we had a great year and we should be better next year, all I can say is we need more BATS and we had them..Credit to Kent St and good luck to them.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Is it reasonable to anyone else to think Oregon may have won if they didn't have so many unforced errors? I understand what happened is what happened, and there are no what ifs, Kent State is going to the College World Series and Duck fans just got as anxious as ever for the upcoming football season, however, not to take anything from Kent State, but I think it's reasonable to believe that the series might have gone differently if both teams played a clean series. But again, it didn't happen unfortunately, and if you commit so many errors when hosting a super regional, I just don't believe you deserve to go to the College World Series. However, there will be plenty of more chances for Oregon to make it and I'm very confident it will under Horton. We have a bright future for Oregon athletics.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

watch any college baseball game, no matter who is playing there will
be errors. Just the nature of the game. The team that makes the fewest
usually comes out best. Add 3 pretty darn good pitchers the ducks faced
and not much punch at all against them. Kent state is a pretty darn good team.
They made the right plays at the right time. I hope they win it all.
The ducks for such a young program have a great future ahead of them.
I am extremely proud of them. This has been a great year in duck sports
one in which all duck fans should be proud. In stead of re-hashing what could have
been let's look forward at what the future holds and it is going to be great.