Summer league

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Summer league

Post by RanDux »

buckmarkduck wrote:How did the tall center do?
Leonard? He had a good game. He had 9 pts and 13 rebs. He was a lot more active this game than the last one. His stats were down on his 2nd game but he was pretty sick during the game.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Lilard has been nasty in the summer league so far, that dunk was SIIIIIICK!!! #3 on sportscenter top plays, Leanord has looked good while feeling good
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Lillard with 23 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and Barton with 21 points and 9 rebounds. A quiet game for Leonard tonight with 11 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks.

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/ ... GIboxscore
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i will say this about lillard: his competition in college and summer league may have been weak, but he dominated it. i suppose that's better than playing weak competition and merely getting by, no?

we still won't know what we have until the real games start, but he was obviously impressive. then again, qyntel woods had one of the most brilliant summer league sessions i've ever seen (remember qyntel woods? lol). but i'm hopeful we made the right pick. i don't know if all these derrick rose comparisons are apt, but if he can become a legit go-to scorer in time and batum continues to grow, suddenly our core is fairly young and fairly exciting going forward.

wesley matthews is still only going into his fourth season, and sometimes i think we (myself included) forget he was an undrafted rookie we snatched from utah after one season. he's still developing, and he's never been 'our guy' at the 2. he had to share the job with roy his first year with us, and crawford last year. perhaps i'm merely caught up in preseason myopia, but i think last season's setback had a lot to do with the all-consuming terribleness of ray felton. he's got the job all to himself going into 2012-13, and i'm hopefully he'll have a bounce back year. if one considers lamarcus, batum, and lillard are our top scoring options, matthews could carve out a niche going against team's weaker defenders. mike and mike (i know, i know) couldn't stop talking about his offseason dedication to improving his outside shot... if he can develop a consistent trey, that could go a long way.

i'm not saying we'll be any good this year, or even make the playoffs. honestly, i very much doubt we do. but i'm suddenly higher on this group than i was even a few weeks ago. i don't think it will ever have championship potential, but if things bounce in our favor (dangerous words for a blazer fan to type, i realize) i think we could do a lot worse than what we've assembled. there's a lot of potential in guys like lillard, batum, and leonard. if that potential is realized, we could at least develop into a player in the west. if it doesn't, well, hey we're the blazers, that's just par for the course.
ImageImageImageImageImage
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Ya I'm looking foward to Wesley cause I think he will have a big year with playing more minutes. I too am looking foward to see what Lilard does against N.B.A. players.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Even though he didn't play much olu hit a half court shot at the end of a quarter tonight
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Olu half court shot was #10 on sportscenter top plays
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I'm glad you guys like the Blazers and stuff, but how are the Ducks doing in summer league?
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Olu had two games of 4 points each and today he had 6, Sim had 5 points in his only game played including a three, and Devoe had games with 10, 11 and 15 points. Aaron Miles 13 assists today and 0 turnovers in only 17 minutes, with 5 points.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I liked the comparison to Brandon Roy in a PG frame.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

T. Ross had 5 points in 17 minutes, to Joseph's 16 in 21 minutes. Devoe could have used more stats like that, over the summer league.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/23/12/W ... kID=764941

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/07/23/12/ ... eedID=5930

I know it's only summer league, but nice to see Lilard and even to a lesser amount Leanord and Barton getting lots of praise.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I saw them on nba tv last night, Jermy Pargo move and no look pass was number one (AMAZING PLAY).