squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: More USC rumors

Post by squintsdd »

Elduderino wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:
briarduck wrote:
Boom wrote:
briarduck wrote:There needs to be a way to go after players, the schools can only do so much to monitor these guys.
No laws were broken. What would you propose they do?
Agreed Boom but that's the question I'm stating it's just not fair to the schools unless the school/coaches have something to do with it I'm not in favor of some of these punishments being handed out but I agree it just pisses me off!
Seems like it would be pretty easy to set up. Have the athletes sign a contract with the NCAA. In order to make them eligible for NCAA sanctioned competition/visits/etc. they agree not to violate the rules.

If they violate the rules like this the NCAA could go after them for breach of contract.
I'm not sure the NCAA wants to open this door.
Agreed, it will only give players and schools a reason to push harder for players being paid.

On a side note, it sounds like Washington boards and fans need a little more monitoring. First they spread rumors about the ducks, which had reporters digging for information, now they're going after USC. The way things are going, Stanford will be next on the block.