Stanford @ Washington

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Stanford @ Washington

Post by Phenom »

I've said Stanford wasn't very good even after they beat SC. Tunes is horrible and their running game and defense are always overrated. Plus, Thursday night games are tough. That's why i am worried about ASU.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Never thought Stanford was that good after watching them and predicted that UW would win...though they aren't very good either. Problem with early season is people say things like "we beat a top 10 team we should be ranked top 8!". Problem with early season rankings are they are constantly correcting until the end of season and many who do or don't deserve to be ranked are or aren't. So to say you beat the #8 team in the nation, well...they never were the eighth best team in the nation. I just don't want to hear the we're back chants from the dawgs. They are getting better and I think they can build a (though I hope not) sensational team up there, but this doesn't prove much. A win is a win so good for them but as Elduderino said I thought it was a matchup that favored UW.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Methinks the Beavis are better than both these teams... Now I am going to wash my mouth out with soap.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

woundedknees wrote:Methinks the Beavis are better than both these teams... Now I am going to wash my mouth out with soap.
You need to repent...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

A little shocked by Stanford losing but I never thought they were so good that they could play like cr@p and still win versus a semi-good team.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Stanford @ Washington

Post by duckduckgoose »

I can't believe that Nunes was kept in the whole game. It would seem smart to get a younger QB some reps when the starter is that ineffective.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Be happy UW when you head to Eugene reality will kick in and you will go home with that tail curled like a good puppy...

This is from LMJ twitter saw it on sports enter!!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Both of those teams are an embarrassment.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:I've said Stanford wasn't very good even after they beat SC. Tunes is horrible and their running game and defense are always overrated. Plus, Thursday night games are tough. That's why i am worried about ASU.
Yup completely agreed. I knew that when Stanford lost, it'd be because of Nunes. Washington's D was stellar yesterday. But if Nunes could have hit some of his passes (not to mention he had pretty decent time in the pocket), Stanford comes out on top.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

brich75 wrote:Be happy UW when you head to Eugene reality will kick in and you will go home with that tail curled like a good puppy...

This is from LMJ twitter saw it on sports enter!!
I just hope Chip doesn't let off the accelerator like he did last year. I want to annihilate them.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Think UW will be ranked going into next week?
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Think UW will be ranked going into next week?
Hard to say, they did beat #8 but too many voters will still remember the LSU game.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Isn't it reasonable to question Stanford's offense, period? I mean, they scored all of 21 points at home against a somewhat suspect USC defense. I think it's reasonable to say that the Husky defense has improved, but maybe not by as much as one might think judging by this game.

Another thing to remember: UW upset USC in 2009 and 2010, Sarkisian's first two years. But in neither case did it mark any kind of return to prominent status for the Huskies. One big upset win a year does not a turnaround in the program make.

I don't like the fact that they have a two-day headstart on preparations for the Ducks, but hopefully it won't matter, especially at Autzen.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck55 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Think UW will be ranked going into next week?
Hard to say, they did beat #8 but too many voters will still remember the LSU game.
Unless they continue winning, most voters will forget about UW.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

As far as the National media is concerned there are 2 football teams on the West Coast, SC and us. If they National Media doesn't care about Stanford, they won't care that UW beat them either.