MLB Playoffs

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: MLB Playoffs

Post by Duck24 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
ncduck wrote:I'm a fourth generation Giants fan. I liked the double play. We may be the first team to win 3 in a row over the Reds in Cincy this season.
Definitely looking like it. It'd take another A's like miracle to pull off the win.
A's definitely have a tough one tonight. You have to assume Verlander will be on his A game tonight. I do hope the A's win though. It is such an unlikely story and it is very easy to root for them.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

I want the A's to win so badly. Billy Beane is the man.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

ncduck wrote:I'm a fourth generation Giants fan. I liked the double play. We may be the first team to win 3 in a row over the Reds in Cincy this season.
A great win. Only third generation fan here. :)
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

The cards are absoulty amazing, two years in a row down to their final strike two different times. I can't even imagine being a nats fan now
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

thomas time wrote:The cards are absoulty amazing, two years in a row down to their final strike two different times. I can't even imagine being a nats fan now
I was at the game last night. Heartbreaking. Unbelievable.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jeter breaks ankle and is out for the playoffs, Raul is amazing with another homer in the ninth. A-rod 2-19, Granderson and Swisher both 3-21 in the postseason.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

A Rod, Granderson, Swisher and Cano are hitting a COMBINED 112 in the postseason, ABSOULTLY AMAZING!!! Cano 0-26 by himself, and the four have struck out a combined 38 times. Down 0-2 going to Detroit to face Verlander, Go Tigers!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Jeter breaks ankle and is out for the playoffs, Raul is amazing with another homer in the ninth. A-rod 2-19, Granderson and Swisher both 3-21 in the postseason.
Two ex-M's seem to be the only ones fighting for NY. Raul and Ichiro.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Giants and Tigers in WS. Really didn't care who won in the NLCS since I like both teams. If push came to shove, I'd have to say I favor the Giants over the Cards, due to having so many family members being Giants fans and my only MLB game I ever attended was in SF.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not a Giants fan, so I guess go Detroit. Was really hoping for one of the smaller market teams make it to the WS, but oh well.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13