Moser to Oregon!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: Moser to Oregon!

Post by thomas time »

Definitely a GREAT pickup, when Dana first got here I thought he was just to get these type of guys the first year but now looks like a annual thing. Big thanks to Garrett to E.J.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like we have Singler and Garrett Sim to thank for Moser choosing Oregon as well.

Matt Prehm ‏@Prehmmr247 5h
Spoke with @MikeMoser_43 and he spoke to former Ducks @EJSingler and @gsim03 about playing for Oregon. Said E.J. sold him on the fit.
That's awesome. Really wonder how things would have been if he had picked Oregon from day 1.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Couldn't be more excited about this.

I think this puts us over the top the way Kazemi did last season. If we get Black, too, we have to be favorites to win the league, right? Our only weakness was in the front court, and it just became a strength.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Next years team looks very deep.

Pg Artis, loyd
2-Dotson, Abdul Basset
3- Cook
4- Moser, Bell
5- Carter, Austin and assuming black comes here that gives us 3 solid center. Has that ever happened at UO?

10 deep and by all accounts everyone of them would be solid players. I don't remember a team that deep at UO, and the way we play that's a team that can run other teams down in the final 5 minutes.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Couldn't be more excited about this.

I think this puts us over the top the way Kazemi did last season. If we get Black, too, we have to be favorites to win the league, right? Our only weakness was in the front court, and it just became a strength.
I'd still say Arizona is the team to beat but Oregon will be challenging them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Arizona and that incoming class should still be a huge threat, but we'll definitely be looking great.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

No, we definitely will not be perceived as the favorite. Arizona's projected to be a top 5 team nationally, and I usually don't see us even ranked in the early top 25s. That might change, but we won't be the favorite.

Which, of course, is just fine. I think we're looking great at this point. Hopefully Moser meshes well with the team; he could easily be a star for us.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I don't get the Arizona hype I guess. I'll take an experienced, hard working, battle tested team over a bunch of highly rated, coddled freshmen any day. I know it's the general consensus that Arizona is head and shoulders above everyone else, but they just lost their two most productive players and their success is gonna rely on a bunch of underclassmen who have, for the most part, never done anything in college.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I don't get the Arizona hype I guess. I'll take an experienced, hard working, battle tested team over a bunch of highly rated, coddled freshmen any day. I know it's the general consensus that Arizona is head and shoulders above everyone else, but they just lost their two most productive players and their success is gonna rely on a bunch of underclassmen who have, for the most part, never done anything in college.
Part of the optimism is that Arizona has a transfer PG that supposedly is a true point guard that distributes the ball well. Plus, Aaron Gordon looks like he could be a super-star right off the bat. He isn't like Brandon Ashley who was highly regarded but most thought it would take time for him to get it. Kaleb Tarcewski also had a great finish to last season, so Arizona's front court appears to be loaded. I get what you are trying to say, but I think Arizona is definitely the pre-season favorite to win the Pac-12. They may not deserve to start in the top 5 in the nation though.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:

No, we definitely will not be perceived as the favorite. Arizona's projected to be a top 5 team nationally, and I usually don't see us even ranked in the early top 25s. That might change, but we won't be the favorite.

Which, of course, is just fine. I think we're looking great at this point. Hopefully Moser meshes well with the team; he could easily be a star for us.
Agreed, Arizona will be tough.

And Colorado and potentially Cal will be right up there with us imo too. Pac-12 overall is still pretty open, but it won't be easy.