Post by oregontrack »

ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Looking at 2014

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Anyone having issues accessing the main site (not the forum)? Because it's not working for me right now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Yeah I have had that problem glad it isn't just me
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm getting it too but I've been having so many other problems with my internet that I have a service appointment for Monday. Internet will work for most of the day but when it hits around 4-5 PM, it cuts off for the rest of the day until about midnight. Something I'll be asking my ISP when they're visiting. Sorry for the rant; back on topic.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Working now, awesome read. Love how we are turning our 3 starters, and a pretty good bullpen. With Cleavinger hopefully closing, he will be the next best thing to Sherfy.

Overall, it comes down to batting again. Losing Healy is clearly the biggest hit. Hopefully guys can step up next year.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Thanks for the write-up!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Btw I didn't realize how awesome Packard was as a freshman. So will he be a sophomore next year? Also can he play inthe infield? Perhaps 3b or 1b?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Btw I didn't realize how awesome Packard was as a freshman. So will he be a sophomore next year? Also can he play inthe infield? Perhaps 3b or 1b?
He'll be a JR next season since he played this past season. Not sure about playing the infield since it seems like he's always been an outfielder.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Btw I didn't realize how awesome Packard was as a freshman. So will he be a sophomore next year? Also can he play inthe infield? Perhaps 3b or 1b?
He'll be a JR next season since he played this past season. Not sure about playing the infield since it seems like he's always been an outfielder.
So our infield is... Payne, incoming Freshman SS, Tolman?, and ?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
So our infield is... Payne, incoming Freshman SS, Tolman?, and ?
There's talk of Heineman possibly playing at 3B or 1B, which would possibly open up another OF spot.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the scary part for you offensive fans is that horton has shown that he will reward elite defense with playing time, no matter how awful a hitter they may be. that's how you get connor hoffman and ryan hambright starting 40+ games. if horton thinks a guy like minjares, who really can't hit a lick, is the best option at SS i don't think it's at all out of the question he could get the nod.

in other words, pray a freshman comes in and plays a sound defensive SS. horton has shown repeatedly he won't sacrifice defense for a few extra hits.

i think shaun chase will get a shot at 1B. whether that's a good or bad thing depends on his overall plate discipline this time next year.

i mentioned in the blog that heineman could be a darkhorse at SS.
ImageImageImageImageImage