Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Sabonis likes Oregon?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2013/0 ... ruiti.html

Not Arvidas , but his son. It would be pretty cool to land someone like that. I wonder if he's got game?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Sabonis likes Oregon?

Post by Tray Dub »

I remember as a kid loving the hilarious possibilities the name 'Sabonis' offered my friends and me. If nothing else I say we take him for the sake of today's youth so they too can make boner jokes.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sabis was seriously one of the most gifted big's of all-time. He didn't have the nba production due to injuries but my goodness if he had been healthy...people think Old Greg would have dominated, Sabis would have made him look silly.

As for his kid, he looks like a willing rebounder, capable passer and seems to have a better touch than most around the rim and moves his feet well. Sign him up for sure!
303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

I'm in favor! Probably one of the most underrated centers in the league.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

303DucksFan wrote:I'm in favor! Probably one of the most underrated centers in the league.
And Unique! Vlade Divac was pretty fun to watch too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Duck07 wrote:Sabis was seriously one of the most gifted big's of all-time. He didn't have the nba production due to injuries but my goodness if he had been healthy...people think Old Greg would have dominated, Sabis would have made him look silly.

As for his kid, he looks like a willing rebounder, capable passer and seems to have a better touch than most around the rim and moves his feet well. Sign him up for sure!
He was old and beyond his prime when he came to the Blazers, yet he was still a great player. Sabonis > Oden any day and was fun to watch.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck55 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Sabis was seriously one of the most gifted big's of all-time. He didn't have the nba production due to injuries but my goodness if he had been healthy...people think Old Greg would have dominated, Sabis would have made him look silly.

He was old and beyond his prime when he came to the Blazers, yet he was still a great player. Sabonis > Oden any day and was fun to watch.
Heck Sabonis was definitely more durable than Oden ever was, even with 2 bad knees, bad back, and bad Achilles.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

duck55 wrote:

If Sabonis had come to Portland during his prime, then Portland would have a few more rings.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
duck55 wrote:

If Sabonis had come to Portland during his prime, then Portland would have a few more rings.
He may have learned a little more English as well ;)
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

duck55 wrote:

Even Shaq said a few years ago that Sabonis defended him better than anyone else he'd played against (at that time). Can you imagine that matchup if both were injury free and in their prime?

Wow!
John 3:36
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

He may have learned a little more English as well ;)
Arvydas Sabonis speaks English very well. He just doesn't like doing interviews.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
duck55 wrote:

Not 1, not 2, not 3.....