Christiano Felicio

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Christiano Felicio

Post by greenyellow »

That really sucks. Still should be a good team, just not as deep down low and really needing some bodies next recruiting class. Just when we think Altman is about to get ahead in recruiting, something like this knocks his progress in balancing classes and getting good talent back another year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some one-year post transfers after next year to get some post players in, as the only post players left would be Carter and Bell (Armstead doesn't really count since he misses most of the year for football.)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wvduck34 wrote:Bad News. Was trolling Ducks 247 and someone commented on Cristiano Felicio's status. Looks
like he's going to go pro with the Flamengo Athletic Club in Brazil. They are trying to work out a deal.
It sucks but he probably just got tired of trying to qualify for college and decided to take his shot
at being drafted in 2014. He isn't even close to being ready. But I can't blame him.
And now it looks like down low it will be Waverly Austin and ??. :roll:
Bummer..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i used to ask questions regarding the future of this program, but now i just kind of assume altman will find some former all american transfer to fill any voids.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckTerritory has an article with a fairly good explanation of why he didn't get in. His academic stuff was all taken care of so it mainly came down to him having to prove he was still an amateur even after signing what some sort of contract when he was still in high school.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Cri ... CAA-144359
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Funny... The NCAA has ruled out 2 potential International PSA's (1 football, 1 basketball), in a similar manner (as well as reasoning), in the same year.

Subtly veiled agenda?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

woundedknees wrote:Funny... The NCAA has ruled out 2 potential International PSA's (1 football, 1 basketball), in a similar manner (as well as reasoning), in the same year.

Subtly veiled agenda?
I can understand the rulings with BB due to small, professional contracts to local/regional teams because BB has become a major international sport but Nic Purcell's situation for football was just absurd.

The problem I have in this case though is this gem:
DuckTerritory.com is told that the NCAA ruled against Oregon's favor in clearing Felicio due to a concern that he had signed a professional contract as a youth while he was living and attending his first three years of high school in Brazil.

Felicio moved to the United States last summer to attend prep school in the United States to gain academic clearance and improve on his SAT scores to be admitted into Oregon. The move worked for his academic side DuckTerritory.com is told, but Oregon and Felicio couldn't prove to the NCAA he was still an amateur athlete.
Well, could the NCAA prove that he wasn't an amateur? If not, then they need to back down.