Alumni Game

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Alumni Game

Post by uosportsguy01 »

Last year it was on Friday, September 14th. I haven't seen anything posted on the school website, has anyone heard anything about it?
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Re: Alumni Game

Post by uosportsguy01 »

Looks like Alumni Day this year will be the weekend of Oct 18-20th. Not sure of exact schedule and events though.
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

Is anyone planning on going to the game tomorrow? I'm curious what alumni are showing up/playing?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

uosportsguy01 wrote:Is anyone planning on going to the game tomorrow? I'm curious what alumni are showing up/playing?
I'm down to go play :D
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

tyler anderson and scott mccough have been confirmed, there might be a complete list out there somewhere.

some roster news came out today in the alumni game press release:

porter clayton is back after a 2-year church mission. for those who remember him, he was one of horton's bigger recruits; big time pro prospect. worked mostly out of the bullpen in 2011.

the alumni will play the 2014 ducks:

2B aaron payne is indeed on the roster.

mitchell tolman is listed as 1B

scott heineman is back at 3B

josh graham stays put at C.

kyle garlick and jake jelmini are the corner outfielders, both missed most of 2013. connor hoffman back at CF.

kevin minjares gets the nod @ SS.

anyone know if baumgartner is injured? just not starting?
ImageImageImageImageImage
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

I'm excited to have a healthy Garlick back. His numbers Fr/Soph year were very similar to Healy's. After missing basically all last year, I think he could have a huge season.

Thought the same about Baumgartner when I read the release. Not sure if he's banged up or what.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like FR Austin Grabeck is in the starting line-up, presumably at DH for this game. That probably means Baumgartner is nursing some type of injury or maybe hasn't looked as sharp in fall camp thus far.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209285675
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm calling Graham with a big season. Our catchers have been so mediocre offensively, I think that changes this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

Just heard some comments on the alumni game yesterday and I see that Garlick had a triple. As I said before, I think he's someone that might have a big year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uosportsguy01 wrote:Just heard some comments on the alumni game yesterday and I see that Garlick had a triple. As I said before, I think he's someone that might have a big year.
which is much needed this season, good to hear.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I'm calling Graham with a big season. Our catches have been so mediocre offensively, I think that changes this year.
right there with you. no freshman had more on their plate than graham. i think he'll be a solid line drive hitter for us. he hit very well in HS, in a pretty tough league.
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

oregontrack wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'm calling Graham with a big season. Our catches have been so mediocre offensively, I think that changes this year.
right there with you. no freshman had more on their plate than graham. i think he'll be a solid line drive hitter for us. he hit very well in HS, in a pretty tough league.
What did Graham do this summer, I haven't been able to find any info?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think he might have been with the klamath fall gems of the wcl, but that might have been the summer before.