Bad restaurant ... At least this time

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Bad restaurant ... At least this time

Post by woundedknees »

OK, I get it... Denny's isn't haute cuisine. (This is not one of those Duck vs Beav encounters, although it could easily be embellished as such. I have to admit I actually heard several beavs make positive comments about Oregon football, during our excursion.)

My wife and I took the grandkids and their mother (My recent Duck Grad daughter) to Wildlife Safari yesterday, and stayed so the kids could see the "Ambassador" cheetah and a cheesy holiday skit, as well as the "Wild Lights".

It was a little after 8 when we left, and the kids were hungry (For Breakfast).

I pulled off at Roseburg, and we entered the restaurant. The waiter (A short, skinny kid who looked like he was still wet behind the ears) greeted us in a timely manner, and led us to a corner booth. There might have been 3 other tables occupied in the place.

After delivering most of our drinks, things went downhill.

About 5 minutes after we were seated, in walks... FABIO, with two young-ish ladies (his obvious romantic interest was also a model, but I can't tell you who she was).

You would have thought It was Brangelina and the kids.

The entire staff (Host, waiters/waitresses/cook... Heck, even the dude mopping the restroom floor) had to come take a peek, multiple times.

Before my Granddaughter's chocolate shake arrived, or our order was taken, in fact before ANY other food or drink was delivered to anyone else already in the establishment, Fabio's party was served drinks, and their order was taken.

By the time our food hit the table, you might say the adults in our group were incensed. (I should turn in my man card for failure to walk out instead of putting up with this stuff).

Fabio was joking about what was going on with the other members of his party.

When the group left, the entire staff came out to the register to send them off. A couple of them took selfies. Even a couple female customers were tittering about snapping I-phone pix... ("GASP! I can't believe I ate in the same restaurant with HIM!"

For some reason, the waiter acted shocked when I failed to leave a tip.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Bad restaurant ... At least this time

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Was fabio Justin Bieber?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Was fabio Justin Bieber?
Puh-leez! I've got better hair than the both of them! :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Why in the world would a celebrity be in Roseburg?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lol. At least you have a story to tell now.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Fabio and companions arrived in a Chev 4x4 crewcab, with 3 dirt bikes in the back, all spotless. Hard to say what they were doing there.

As far as celebrity goes, the fact that a cover model for pot boiler paperbacks achieved the popularity of that dude boggles the mind.

He is definitely not the specimen he was in his hey day... I have bigger guns than he does (Which isn't saying much.) He does still have long hair, but it is definitely thinning.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!