League Update

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: League Update

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:It was brought up in the trade discussion thread that some DC's have not been entered. I went through team by team and the teams who need to input a DC are:

Nets (Administration)
Bullets
Hornets
Bucks
Spurs
Grizzlies
Warriors (Administration)
SuperSonics (Administration)

The teams not in administration, you are required to input a DC in by the end of Saturday, if not then you will face a penalty. As for the teams in administration, I will put up their CPU DC's.

Moving forward this will be a point of emphasis before the season starts
Hornets, Grizzlies and Bucks did not post DC in given time. You lose reward bonus when that time comes. If not posted within the next 24 hours, your 1st round pick will be forfeited.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

dave wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
dave wrote:
dave wrote:How about rewarding the GMs who have been active? Maybe some incentive will increase activity.

No thoughts on positive encouragement instead of negative punishment?

Penalizing a non-active team isn't going to make them more active. Rewarding active GMs will only make them more interested and active.

Rewarding for doing what your supposed to do?
Exactly. This isn't the no fun zone is it?

It's a healthy stimulus
Im not against it, but how do we base who gets the reward? Everyone? Posts consistently? I would like to have a clear definition of why the reward is being given
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
dave wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
dave wrote:
dave wrote:How about rewarding the GMs who have been active? Maybe some incentive will increase activity.

Penalizing a non-active team isn't going to make them more active. Rewarding active GMs will only make them more interested and active.

It's a healthy stimulus
Im not against it, but how do we base who gets the reward? Everyone? Posts consistently? I would like to have a clear definition of why the reward is being given
If you got your DC in time before 1st sim or just league wide because it's fun and you're a nice commish. It helps everyone become more invested.
CLEVLAND CAVS
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
dave wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
dave wrote:

It's a healthy stimulus
It's not a reward for being active.
It's a reward for getting in a DC. It doesn't have to be all the time. Random.
The punishments will not only discourage involvement for current, it will hurt future owners. Cause lets face it. If a team is not invested enough to enter a DC, he's probably not gonna last long as an owner.