my proof pac10>sec

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mdm0302
Freshman

my proof pac10>sec

Post by mdm0302 »

this all started with a vol fan calling the ducks a mid level team in a sub par conference in a thread on their board about colt lyerla(SP?)

cbcollins: "Haha touche. I still think Oregon is a mid level team in a sub par conference."

my response: "and tenn is a low level team in a conference that is 11-7 since 2000 against the pac 10.... if u forgot i should remind you the pac 10 was 5-0 in the bowls last year..

also just so you know oregon is 4-1 right now with wins over two top 25 teams and ranked #16 about to be higher... tenn is 2-3 with wins over ohio(div1aa3-2) and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers(0-4)... o... and dont forget the loss at home to one of the pac 10's mid level teams 2 years in a row ucla.

its very laughable to me that anyone would think Tennessee is any kind of a program since the new decade..

oregon>>>>>>>tenn
sec=pac 10(only because the pac 10 finish second in recruiting every year to the sec otherwise pac10>sec)

more like bryce brown was a waste of an athlete going to the vols... could of won a Heisman at oregon"

VolATLien: Yes i have to admit that tenn has seen better days and oregon is a good program, but you got to be fu@k!ng retarded to think the fag 10=sec. Look at those five bowl games yall won. Most of them were against soft teams, while just about every team that was bowl eligible played a pretty tough team. Get the hell off our site.

Gannon Goodson
:Good point -- except your numbers are skewed. USC beating up on a 3-9 Arkansas team and an Oregon team beating up on a 2-10 Mississippi St. team don't exactly add up to quality wins. In addition, USC was your only team to play in a bowl on new years day or after. Not exactly the toughest competition.

The SEC is 5-0 in BCS nat'l title games. The Pac-10, taken as a whole, is not as good as the SEC and you guys know it. I realize it's frustrating for ESPN to toot the conferences horn every chance they get, but that's reality. Sorry little guy... time for bed.

my response that proves the pac 10 is as good of a conferance as the sec
: if u dont think that it goes both ways our wrong..
2003, #13 lsu beats a 2-10 Arizona team
2006, #8 lsu beats 6-6 arizona team
2006, #4 auburn beats 6-6 washinton st
2008, #3 georgia beats 6-6 arizona st

i think the fairest way to determine what a quality win is to compare the outcome of the game against the spread...
the pac ten is up 60 point on that..(pac 10 178-sec 118)if you dont understand how i got these numbers read below

here is a few examples... #3 alabama favored by 7 against ucla in 2000. ucla wins by 11 therefore giving the pac 10 18 points.

#13 lsu favored by 11 against arizona in 2003. lsu wins by 46 therefore giving the sec 35 points.

#6 auburn favored by 3 against #8 usc in 2003. usc wins by 23 therefore giving the pac 10 26 points.
here is the link to where i got my data Pac-10 vs. SEC: Who has the upper hand? | "Tell them ? tell the team to bear down"

hopefully anyone who reads this can agree with me that if the pac ten is not as good of a conference as the sec then they are damn close....

forum link http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... ost2765604
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: my proof pac10>sec

Post by squintsdd »

It's pointless to argue with SEC fans, especially Tennessee fans. They have been taking so many hits on Kiffen that they are in permanant defense mode and will argue that they are right about everything. They would argue that 2+2=5 if enough Vol fans were to say it were so.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

squintsdd wrote:It's pointless to argue with SEC fans, especially Tennessee fans. They have been taking so many hits on Kiffen that they are in permanant defense mode and will argue that they are right about everything. They would argue that 2+2=5 if enough Vol fans were to say it were so.
^^^
Pretty much sums it up. It's truly a waste of your life to spend time debating with them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Post by razduck12 »

The one true point against the SEC....is they cant be judged becuase all they do is schedule absolute creampuffs, and hardly ever schedule anybody from a major program nonconference. Then they just play each other and say its soooo tough. Its only perceived to be tough becuase of the massive hype the conference gets. Look at a #4 LSU team yesterday barely beating a Georgia team that is not that good, but it was hyped as a big game.....please LSU barely got by Washington and they are not good at all except for one miracle day against a not so great USC game.

I just wish the focus directed toward the SEC by the media would be on there terrible nonconfernece schedules and the boring cloud of dust football they play. Not this mythical good ole southern large stadium girls in sundresses big bands and good bbq ribs mystic...............
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Way to represent MDM. The nice thing is they are playing Pac-10 teams a little more often, and we'll get some bragging rights by playing Tennessee and Georgia in the future!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

squintsdd wrote:It's pointless to argue with SEC fans, especially Tennessee fans. They have been taking so many hits on Kiffen that they are in permanant defense mode and will argue that they are right about everything. They would argue that 2+2=5 if enough Vol fans were to say it were so.
Good point. They really are in survival mode at this point.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Keep giving them hell mdm ... its entertaining too see all those Vol fans get upset!!!!