Team Roster/ other team info

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Team Roster/ other team info

Post by MerDuck »

I am a huge duck fan, but I have never been into Baseball other than playing a little myself in grade school. It would be awesome if some of you fans out there could get us newbies started with some general info and/or suggestions on things to pay attention to with regards to college baseball. I don't think I am alone on this but I haven't heard much talk about baseball so anything would be cool.

Also I haven't been able to find a team roster posted anywhere. I haven't looked in a week or so but if anyone has one or could link one that would be great too.
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Re: Team Roster/ other team info

Post by AJ_U »

I'm not huge on baseball either:

But here is the only roster i could find:
http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml ... PSID=94833
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

thanks! I know there are some fans out there so I'll just wait!
duc_15
One Star Recruit

Post by duc_15 »

Some things in College Baseball that make you successful are that you need Pitching. If you have 3 starters that are pretty good and a really good closer you will win a lot of games. Defensively if you are strong up the middle with a good catcher, shortstop, 2nd baseman, and centerfielder you will also be successful. Hitting wise it varies from team to team. If we have good overall team speed you will see a lot of bunts, steals, and hit and runs. If we dont we will try and hit a lot of doubles and home runs. For Oregon to be making the tourney in the next couple years we must bring in top JC players and really good starting pitchers. We are on a good track with our coaching staff. I am just excited for the season to start.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Same here! Like I said I have never really been a Baseball fan but I am excited to become one! Thanks for the info.
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

I'm hoping once baseball gets here we will see more Duck fans talking baseball on here. I have been following college baseball for awhile now. Some guys I went to high school with played baseball at OSU, so I followed their playing days there. Pitching is really the key in college baseball. I have been looking at our teams roster and from what I have read on baseball websites people are saying our recruits are pretty good. I do think it will be a couple years before the Ducks really do compete for a pac-10 title, but it will be a fun ride!!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Ya, I have talked with a few guys I know and that is what they said that Pitching was key and it will be about two years before we should even think about any kind of run at the Pac-10 title. There was emphasis on think because I guess most of our recruits are unproven so we need to see them play for a while before we make any leaps of faith for 2011. :D
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/s ... 6922787300

A good introduction of the players we will likely see this season.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

MerDuck,

I'm in Eugene for the week and just came back from a mountain bike ride. COLDDD!!!.

Three of the four stadium light towers are up, synturf is down as well as the fence. The fence works well since it is dark green with a bright yellow band at the top. The bleachers and dugouts are temporary so it looks like a city park field. When the stadium is in it will be awesome . In any case it is great to back in baseball but it is going to be cold in the bleachers on Feb 27, I thinks that's opening day. Maybe someone else can confirm.