Clownzano says, U of O pres to go public on Willie soon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Clownzano says, U of O pres to go public on Willie soon

Post by Alan »

Clownzano just stated on his radio show U of O president is releasing a press interview today on Willie and what has happened with him so far. In Clownzano's typical method he didn't say much detail just it's basically a statement from the president of U of O about Willie and implied Clownzano knew Reaves firing was from higher up then Mullens. May be just a apple to the few, like me that listen when in my vehicle, to continue to listen. He said Oregon live is going to break it. I'm in the office now so won't listen but just a heads up.....maybe.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Clownzano says, U of O pres to go public on Willie soon

Post by squintsdd »

I'm a little confused by this, what is there to go public about? Reaves was fired, what does it matter where the order came from? You write this as if there is some breaking news that's about to come out, but none of this is really "breaking"
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

squintsdd wrote:I'm a little confused by this, what is there to go public about? Reaves was fired, what does it matter where the order came from? You write this as if there is some breaking news that's about to come out, but none of this is really "breaking"
Just going off of what the dumb azz Clownzano said.....if true, how often does the U of O press release a statement after the fact?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

It may be nothing more then please keep listening to my show stuff.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Alan wrote:
squintsdd wrote:I'm a little confused by this, what is there to go public about? Reaves was fired, what does it matter where the order came from? You write this as if there is some breaking news that's about to come out, but none of this is really "breaking"
Just going off of what the dumb azz Clownzano said.....if true, how often does the U of O press release a statement after the fact?
When is the last time that we had to fire a coach for something like this?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Taggart FIRED. Kelly HIRED!

j/k btw.
damascusduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by damascusduck »

Anything for JC to stir the pot and remain relevant. It probably has to do to who was in the passenger seat, which has just been released.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

damascusduck wrote:Anything for JC to stir the pot and remain relevant. It probably has to do to who was in the passenger seat, which has just been released.
Thank you, my thoughts also, a hopeful closure by the pres to put this behind the Ducks and an attempt for Clownzano to stir things up and get people to still care about his show. Portland sports radio is terrible and going down hill fast.
RPDuck21
One Star Recruit

Post by RPDuck21 »

Actually, Isaac and Suke do a great job on 1080 The Fan. They really are as unbiased as possible, don't take themselves seriously, and mock the same things sane sports fans knock about sports. They both are level headed and never got caught up in the craziness that 750 The Game does, and their morning counterparts on The Fan (i.e. Dusty and Cam).
[img]n11518193_35388654_3110.jpg[/img]
PChung15
One Star Recruit

Post by PChung15 »

RPDuck21 wrote:Actually, Isaac and Suke do a great job on 1080 The Fan. They really are as unbiased as possible, don't take themselves seriously, and mock the same things sane sports fans knock about sports. They both are level headed and never got caught up in the craziness that 750 The Game does, and their morning counterparts on The Fan (i.e. Dusty and Cam).
THIS RIGHT HERE

Keep it tuned to 1080 the fan, Canzano get slaughtered by 1080 at a 3 to 1 clip, and has alienated most Ducks fans. He is the worst in interviews as he talks about how great he is...I've never ever heard 1080 say "and this is why I am the best and bring you the new interviews first" 5 times throughout every interview. Canzano is a shock jock bum.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Oregon Live has an article up. School President has assurances by both Taggart and Mullens that everything is being done moving forward to get things right. Basically, the Prez is saying he's not worried going forward, while also making sure to note that Taggart and Mullens are on the hook. The Prez heavily involved in the punishment of both coaches.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

ifuwant2 wrote:Oregon Live has an article up. School President has assurances by both Taggart and Mullens that everything is being done moving forward to get things right. Basically, the Prez is saying he's not worried going forward, while also making sure to note that Taggart and Mullens are on the hook. The Prez heavily involved in the punishment of both coaches.
Thanks, Mullens and Taggart both need to be held responsible here on out.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Alan wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:Oregon Live has an article up. School President has assurances by both Taggart and Mullens that everything is being done moving forward to get things right. Basically, the Prez is saying he's not worried going forward, while also making sure to note that Taggart and Mullens are on the hook. The Prez heavily involved in the punishment of both coaches.
Thanks, Mullens and Taggart both need to be held responsible here on out.
If this hire doesn't work out, Mullens is gone too. So far, I think Oregon has acted well and proportionally. Maybe even excessive compared to what other schools might do. New coach and back-to-back incidents magnify the cases. These incidents happen years apart, or Willie has a couple winning seasons under his belt, I don't think the coaches would have gotten the stiffest penalties.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the heads up on 1080, I live fairly rural and I can tell when 4 pm comes and both 750 and 620 cut their signals. Haven't given 1080 much of a chance but i will.

Thank you very much,
Alan
GB94
One Star Recruit

Post by GB94 »

Looks like the administration is sending their own message about what is expected of an Oregon coaching staff, just like Taggart did with the team.