Oregon Softball

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: Oregon Softball

Post by Greenblood »

Seems like hitting has been somewhat of a problem for the Ducks even in some of their victories going into this series, and I think has been their main bugaboo keeping them from getting further in the postseason.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Did manage to avoid the sweep with a 11-4 win
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Ending the series on a high note should keep their spirits up at least. With such a young team, you would think there is a lot of room for growth and improvement between now and the postseason.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Oregon Softball

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Definitely felt like the first two games Oregon beat themselves with putting up 0 points. I know in the first game they had a lot of runners left stranded on base, not sure about the second game though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Definitely felt like the first two games Oregon beat themselves with putting up 0 points. I know I'm the first game they had a lot of runners left stranded on base, not sure about the second game though.

Runs
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think greenblood nailed it, you could kind of sense something bad was coming with the way oregon had been hitting lately against arizona state and then portland state of all teams. with few exceptions it was brutal trying to watch us manufacture runs. so many pop up bunt attempts to the pitcher.

like i said before the series though, ucla has had our number for awhile now. they're just as talented as we are, the coaching is just as good. they ran into trouble early in the year which is why they're down a ways in the standings but they turned it around a few weeks ago and we got caught up in the buzzsaw.

since the ncaa likes to pair oregon and ucla in the postseason it's good that we finally got to garcia.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pudgejeff wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Definitely felt like the first two games Oregon beat themselves with putting up 0 points. I know I'm the first game they had a lot of runners left stranded on base, not sure about the second game though.

Runs
I need to get out of basketball season.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Interestingly, however, even after being shut out twice by UCLA, the Ducks' offensive stats are still quite good. The Ducks rank seventh in the nation with a .344 batting average, sixth in on-base % at .441, and are sixth in the nation in runs per game at 6.92. Pitching is certainly their strength, though, as they're third in the nation in ERA at 1.12.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya I don't agree with people about UCLA being in ducks heads. They are two very good teams with very good coaches, the one game in this series we might've still won if Gwen caught the ball that ended the game. The ducks had retired 17 straight bruins at one point, and last year in the postseason were one out away from winning one game. UCLA might be better then Oregon, but as somebody said that they are in Oregon's head I disagree.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

slump continues as they lose to huskies 4-2
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

big win tonight 4-1, Megan was on fire tonight. Need to win the series tomorrow, Arizona finally lost a conference game to Utah today.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

ducks lose 5-3 in 9 innings as the slump continues
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the pac has officially caught up to us.
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Ducks 4 Arizona 3

Post by nogerO »

Nfm
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Beat the beavers 7-2 to lead the series 2-0. Balint struggled today walking 6 batters in I believe 4 innings. Good lesson for her, pitcher has to adjust to the umpire not the other way around and having a hissy over it will lose games for your teammates. She's young though and will be very very good soon.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine