"fizzled in a flurry of feathers."

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

"fizzled in a flurry of feathers."

Post by woundedknees »

This time, the anticipated excitement – following a week’s worth of buildup and fervor surrounding the Pacific Northwest’s most volatile and scintillating college football rivalry – fizzled in a flurry of feathers.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/to ... 28850.html

The last time UW coach Steve Sarkisian had seen anything like the outcome Saturday in person? Well … never. At least, not as a assistant at Southern California.

Perhaps that blurred some of his recollection, during the postgame press conference, of what truly unfolded in the game.

“If we would have just came out and got physically beat up in this game, or were maybe just completely outmatched, I would maybe feel (we’re not as good as I thought),” the first-year UW coach said. “I hesitate to say, ‘We’re not good.’ I don’t want to say that, or ... ‘Well, it’s going to take us longer than I thought.’ I still think we’re a dang good football team.”
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

monster
Four Star Recruit

Re: "fizzled in a flurry of feathers."

Post by monster »

To his credit, the Huskies were much more physical after the whistle. Much more.

That stands for something, right?
Bigducker
Freshman

Re: "fizzled in a flurry of feathers."

Post by Bigducker »

I noticed when he went for it on 4th down at the two instead of kicking the field goal I kinda felt that maybe he thought that he was still at USC