"Autzen is a Nightmare"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

"Autzen is a Nightmare"

Post by woundedknees »

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/autz ... -fans-game

"It will be crazy," promised Mike Bellotti, longtime Oregon coach and now the school's athletic director. "It will be the place to be in the nation."

"A huge championship match up for us," said USC coach Pete Carroll

"Autzen is a nightmare for opposing teams because of the Oregon fans," Moshier vowed, "and we'll do our damnedest to live up to all the hype surrounding that fact."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gosterman01
Three Star Recruit

Re: "Autzen is a Nightmare"

Post by gosterman01 »

I'm so ready for this!!!!!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I read this article this morning. Got me PUMPED!!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Goooooooooo Ducks!!! I am so excited!!
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Post by autzenzoo »

Great arcticle on autzen! How can a high school kid not want to play in the best gameday atmosphere every saturday!?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I hope high school kids across the country tune in to Gameday and this game to see all of the excitement and I hope the team makes a statement! This could be huge for recruiting! Gameday, nationally televised game, Phil Knight, the best facilities and fans in the country, carbon helmets, Halloween night against a top 5 team most likely for the PAC-10 championship and Rose Bowl berth. Has there or is there going to be a bigger game this season?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

gofightingducks wrote:I hope high school kids across the country tune in to Gameday and this game to see all of the excitement and I hope the team makes a statement! This could be huge for recruiting! Gameday, nationally televised game, Phil Knight, the best facilities and fans in the country, carbon helmets, Halloween night against a top 5 team most likely for the PAC-10 championship and Rose Bowl berth. Has there or is there going to be a bigger game this season?

If the ducks beat USC, every game they play after that will be the biggest game of the season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This is an awesome article. Every big college football fan needs to visit Autzen before they die.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

duckgrad99 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:I hope high school kids across the country tune in to Gameday and this game to see all of the excitement and I hope the team makes a statement! This could be huge for recruiting! Gameday, nationally televised game, Phil Knight, the best facilities and fans in the country, carbon helmets, Halloween night against a top 5 team most likely for the PAC-10 championship and Rose Bowl berth. Has there or is there going to be a bigger game this season?

If the ducks beat USC, every game they play after that will be the biggest game of the season.
Certainly but they won't have the same hype or atmosphere surrounding them. The Civil War will be big but none of the remaining games will be as big for recruiting or showcase the Ducks on the national stage like this one.
oregon
Three Star Recruit

Post by oregon »

Great article...
The Sporting News has called Autzen the sport's "most intimidating stadium," a claim supported by record-setting decibel readings at ear splitting levels.

"Per square yard, the loudest stadium in the history of the planet," longtime ABC sportscaster Keith Jackson called Autzen.
ESPN recorded sound for the Duck's 2007 victory against USC at 127.2 decibels making it the loudest game in college football history, according to the network. At 110 decibels you cannot hear a person a foot away from you, according to a Penn State study.
And the fans aren't the only ones wound up. Oregon's duck mascot was suspended after beating up Houston's cougar mascot on the Autzen sideline in the 2007 season opener.