Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I wonder how often a second-round pick ends up starting only a few games into his rookie season for a team projected to make the playoffs? It seems like a couple of Oregon guys were drafted too low for some reason.
Hasn't it always been that way? :lol:
I like the optimism but for UO basketball I'd say the opposite was true. Other than Brooks we haven't had any real stud basketball players in the NBA since the early 90s. Luke's and Freddy were all drafted to high.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I wonder how often a second-round pick ends up starting only a few games into his rookie season for a team projected to make the playoffs? It seems like a couple of Oregon guys were drafted too low for some reason.
I like the optimism but for UO basketball I'd say the opposite was true. Other than Brooks we haven't had any real stud basketball players in the NBA since the early 90s. Luke's and Freddy were all drafted to high.
Hey, Rid started for many years...he realized his draft position in my opinion.

And Brooks just flat out tries hard and has passion for basketball like few players do. That can get you pretty damn far if you can hit a shot and play a little defense. I can see him having a long borderline staring, 6th man type career.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Luke Jackson never got over the back injury he suffered early on.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jordan with a big game tonight seven points, six rebounds, four assists, two steals and six blocks. He hasn't been playing much lately but KD and Draymond didn't play tonight, hopefully this game will get him some more minutes. Dillon had seven points, two assists, one rebound and two blocks tonight. Last game he had 13 points, 3 3s with a block.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Jordan with a big game tonight seven points, six rebounds, four assists, two steals and six blocks. He hasn't been playing much lately but KD and Draymond didn't play tonight, hopefully this game will get him some more minutes. Dillon had seven points, two assists, one rebound and two blocks tonight. Last game he had 13 points, 3 3s with a block.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

thomas time wrote:Jordan with a big game tonight seven points, six rebounds, four assists, two steals and six blocks. He hasn't been playing much lately but KD and Draymond didn't play tonight, hopefully this game will get him some more minutes. Dillon had seven points, two assists, one rebound and two blocks tonight. Last game he had 13 points, 3 3s with a block.
I despise the Warriors but love watching Jordan play for them. Even if his PT is limited, GS was hands down the best place for him to go. Nice subtle troll job by Kerr to start Jordan tonight as well against the Bulls.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

16 points, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks for Bell tonight, he had back to back one handed ally oops.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The remarkable thing about Bell's success with the Warriors is that it's been because of his offensive prowess. He's always been a great defender but he's put a ton of work into his offensive game and is known by GS fans for his abilities on the offensive end.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:16 points, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks for Bell tonight, he had back to back one handed ally oops.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

I sure was hoping the Blazers would have drafted Bell. I was kind of hoping they would pry an early 2nd round pick to get him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bell with 20 points and 10 rebounds vs the Lakers tonight.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

RanDux wrote:I sure was hoping the Blazers would have drafted Bell. I was kind of hoping they would pry an early 2nd round pick to get him.
I'm glad he went to the Warriors instead. That franchise is going nowhere with Olshey snowing Allen into overpaying for crap players. Bell is like a walking billboard for Ducks basketball. Keep him away from the Fail Blazers.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

mattc94 wrote:
RanDux wrote:I sure was hoping the Blazers would have drafted Bell. I was kind of hoping they would pry an early 2nd round pick to get him.
I'm glad he went to the Warriors instead. That franchise is going nowhere with Olshey snowing Allen into overpaying for crap players. Bell is like a walking billboard for Ducks basketball. Keep him away from the Fail Blazers.
Part of me says 'ouch' and the other part says you're right.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Phalanx wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
Part of me says 'ouch' and the other part says you're right.
You also cant assume that he would succeed with any other team right now. Right now he is surrounded by a great coach, system and players who allow him to do what he does best. If he was forced into big minutes on a worse team, who knows how it will go.