Ducks Sweep the Huskies

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Ducks Sweep the Huskies

Post by Merganzer »

So, after going undefeated in OOC, the Huskies have been swept 6-0 by the two top teams in the conference. Oregon now sits in first place, with the tie breaker over the Bruins, Huskies drop to 4th behind ASU. Mistake after mistake by the Huskies and the Ducks took advantage. It's great that the clear plate obstruction that wasn't called on the Huskies ended up irrelevant.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Merganzer wrote:It's great that the clear plate obstruction that wasn't called on the Huskies ended up irrelevant.
Yeah, how in the world was that not called? Whether people agree with the rule or not, you can't just decide not to call it when it is so obvious.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Oregon is now 13-4 (I think) against the current top 10 in the NCAA poll. They've played 8 of the other 9 teams and only one of them has a winning record against Oregon (Tennessee 1-0). Outside of Florida or a surprise team or two in the World Series, Oregon has experience with everyone and has proven they can beat them.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Meanwhile back at PK Park 842 people watched the men’s baseball game. Wow. Wonder if the women are averaging more butts in the seats than the men? :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:It's great that the clear plate obstruction that wasn't called on the Huskies ended up irrelevant.
Yeah, how in the world was that not called? Whether people agree with the rule or not, you can't just decide not to call it when it is so obvious.
That poor little home plate ump was having a rough game. He could barely see over Gwen. She dwarfed (pun intended) him when they were both standing. Clueless umpire. Even the Home fans were booing him. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:Meanwhile back at PK Park 842 people watched the men’s baseball game. Wow. Wonder if the women are averaging more butts in the seats than the men? :lol:
They have to be getting more fans. The softball venue holds 2000+ fans and they have sold out a number of games this year. Too lazy to look it up though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Oklahoma has one lost in the last two months, to our ducks who only gave up one hit vs that power lineup.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ladies are on fire. Big time sweep!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #4 Washington (No TV 4-27 ESPN 2, 28-29)

Post by Greenblood »

nogerO wrote:My favorite part was wiping the smile off that obnoxious dawg pitchers face...you can tell all that time they spent as #1 went to their heads. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was noticing that smirk when I watched the recording of the second game. I also thought I noticed that a number of the UW players looked happy/smiling/laughing somewhat even after being swept. It was as if they've been coached to be happy no matter what, let's never get down on ourselves, etc.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Greenblood wrote:
nogerO wrote:My favorite part was wiping the smile off that obnoxious dawg pitchers face...you can tell all that time they spent as #1 went to their heads. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was noticing that smirk when I watched the recording of the second game. I also thought I noticed that a number of the UW players looked happy/smiling/laughing somewhat even after being swept. It was as if they've been coached to be happy no matter what, let's never get down on ourselves, etc.
I'm pretty sure the happiness and tears of joy after the game was because UW was having a Senior farewell celebration on the field after the game in front of the fans. ESPN intermixed shots of that with the Oregon players celebrating the wins.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Greenblood wrote:
There is work to be done by the coach. The Huskies were sailing through OOC, and the pretenders in the conference, then they get swept by the top two teams, 0-6, in a row, and now sit in 4th place. The smirk seems to be an ingrained Husky affliction.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

You can't play for the huskies in any sport without the smirk it's a prerequisite to got there
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
I'm pretty sure the happiness and tears of joy after the game was because UW was having a Senior farewell celebration on the field after the game in front of the fans. ESPN intermixed shots of that with the Oregon players celebrating the wins.
Yes, I agree that was there. But it seemed like I was seeing some of that even when the Huskies had fallen behind, during the games themselves. It just seemed a little weird.