Mariners

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Mariners

Post by Merganzer »

A's win, Mariners lose. A's grab 2nd Wild Card, 65-46 .585, 63-45 .583.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

M's blowing it. Meh.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

look on the bright side: being a mariner fan means you never need to make hard decisions come football time. i still remember having to make a decision way back in 2001: go to autzen for the duck game, or stay at home and flip back and forth between the duck game and game 3 of the ALCS (m's/yankees)?

(i went to autzen. this was obviously long before smart phones, so i called my dad from the mo center in-between quarters for updates)

i have literally never had to make that same decision since. i consider it the one nice thing about supporting the m's. they know their place, and that place is near the bottom of the AL West by september.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The Mariners emerged out of their 5 game coma with a 6-3 beating of the Blue Jays. The win was highlighted by home runs; two by Kyle Seager, including a back to back with Nelson Cruz in the 7th. Mariners trail the A's by 2 1/2, ; head to Texas.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It was a good run!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Mariners beat Rangers, 4-3 in 12.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

For the 2nd time in 3 games Seager & Cruz hit back to back home runs. The first time it happened the Mariners won. This time the Mariners got off to a 3-0 lead, just like last night. Last night the Mariners won, 4-3 in 12. This time the lead lasted until the 3rd inning when the Rangers scored 4, then 1, then 3, then 3. Hernandez started, ended up giving up 7 earned runs in 6 innings. Final: Rangers 11 Mariners 4.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Yeah well, the Marines switched the lineup around for tonight's game against the Astros, Haniger led off with a home run, Span's up next, gets a triple. Segura, batting third;a double. When Cruz gets a single, the Mariners first four hit for the cycle, Mariners lead, 3-0. Seager strikes out. Zunino strikes out. Healy pop fly. 2nd Inning: First two batters go out. Haniger up for the 2nd time, gets a double. A couple of minutes later he's picked off 2nd by Justin Verlander. Not so fast, the home plate ump calls a balk on Verlander, Haniger to 3rd. Span is up, home run, 5-0, Mariners. Segura; home run. 6-0, Mariners.
Astros get 0 in their half of the 2nd, and it turns out that Verlander has been ejected, though he probably was done for the night anyway. Mariners hang on; win 8-6.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index ... iver_index

Felix to the bullpen. This move to take him out of the rotation is only a year too late; and I see where it is a sensitive subject considering how great he has been. But I don't see him being an asset in the bullpen. Ichiro did it right. He realized he could no longer get it done on the field; and is now in a non playing role with the team.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we'll see how it takes. throughout his career felix has often gotten off to rocky 1st innings before settling in and getting stronger as the game wore on. at his best, his dominance in the middle innings was always his calling card.

though my main concern, at least initially based on 2018 felix, is that his command has been horrible. we already have a few shoddy relievers getting regular work who can't get anyone out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Two in a row for the Mariners; 5-2 over the Astros.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Just when we thought the Mariners were done...3-2 tonight over the Astros, 3rd in a row. Mariners are now 60-0 this season when leading after 8 innings. They are 6-6 with the Astros this season, 4-1 in Houston. Watch for Guillermo Heredia's game saving catch, before Diaz gets his MLB leading 45th save, in the 8th on SportsCenter.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Mariners take a 1 run lead in the 2nd, keep it by getting out of a bases loaded, no outs jam in the 5th. Zunino makes it 2-0 with a home run in the 7th. Astros take the lead with 3 in the 8th; but, with 2 outs in the 9th, Ryon Healy ties it up with a home run. In the 10th, with 2 outs, pinch hitting, Dee Gordon gets a single, and comes around to score on Haniger's double. Diaz takes the mound and strikes out the first two in 6 pitches. Bregman gets a single, but Correa grounds out to end the game. 46th save for Diaz. The first time in their history, the Mariners sweep a 4 game series against the Astros, and it is the 2nd time this season that the Astros have been swept in a series at home, Texas did it right after the All Star Game. Great 5 inning shutout start for Erasmo Ramirez.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

A 9th inning rally ends with the Mariners a run short as they drop the opener to the A's, 7-6. Robinson Cano expected to be in the line-up tomorrow night.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Haniger leads off with a double. Cano gets him over to third, Cruz drives him in with a single to right. Oakland ties it up with a home run from their lead off hitter, the next A strikes out; native Oregonian, Jed Lowrie is up next, and his line drive smacks into Paxton's left forearm; exit Paxton, enter, Felix Hernandez in his debut from the bullpen. Hernandez walks the first batter, a double play retires the A's. Lowrie two run HR in the 3rd, A's 3-1. X-Ray negative on Paxton's arm. Maybin leads off 5th with a HR. 3-2. Two outs for the Mariners in the 9th, single for Span, single for Seager, Zunino grounds out. 3-2, A's.