SB C Iakopo transfers

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

SB C Iakopo transfers

Post by greenyellow »

Another loss for the Oregon SB program as C Mary Iakopo has announced she'll be transferring. This is probably one of the toughest ones because she was the only listed catcher on the roster. It's expected she'll be going to Texas. If rumors are correct, Lombardi is actively pursuing several transfers to make up for open spots.
Duck07
All-American

Re: SB C Iakopo transfers

Post by Duck07 »

It's going to be very dour in here if Texas win the CWS.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:It's going to be very dour in here if Texas win the CWS.
His teams just get yips in OKC so unless he changes his style, I'm not sure he wins one down there.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck07 wrote:It's going to be very dour in here if Texas win the CWS.
His teams just get yips in OKC so unless he changes his style, I'm not sure he wins one down there.
I don't really buy such an argument and tangentially, I don't think limiting what women wear will inspire better performances or talent acquisition in the pursuit of a title.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Man I really wish we actually won a national title before all these events happened.
At least we would be satisfied and ready on the rebuilding.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This coach better be worth all these transfers. Some attrition after a coaching change is normal, but this seems on another level.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Tray Dub wrote:This coach better be worth all these transfers. Some attrition after a coaching change is normal, but this seems on another level.
The rules on transfers just changed, making it significantly easier for players to transfer. It's not the new coach's fault.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:This coach better be worth all these transfers. Some attrition after a coaching change is normal, but this seems on another level.
The rules on transfers just changed, making it significantly easier for players to transfer. It's not the new coach's fault.
I hope you're right "buddy" ;)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

StevensTechU wrote:
Not sure that is the point. Hopefully she can bring in an equal or better recruiting class, and that she isn't scaring players out of Eugene. She obviously had something to do with some of the best players leaving. Couldn't have been about playing time.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Not sure that is the point. Hopefully she can bring in an equal or better recruiting class, and that she isn't scaring players out of Eugene. She obviously had something to do with some of the best players leaving. Couldn't have been about playing time.
It had more to do with them being close with Mike White than anything Lombardi did.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
It had more to do with them being close with Mike White than anything Lombardi did.

What makes you say this? I concede that they had a close relationship, but Mike White also bailed on them and if the Lombardi was worth a s*** she would've enticed them to stay as any good coach would've. I really don't understand the apologism. Her tenure so far is abject failure. You also completely discount rumors of Lombardi running disorganized practices and being a control freak.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

AshlandDuck wrote:What makes you say this? I concede that they had a close relationship, but Mike White also bailed on them and if the Lombardi was worth a s*** she would've enticed them to stay as any good coach would've. I really don't understand the apologism. Her tenure so far is abject failure. You also completely discount rumors of Lombardi running disorganized practices and being a control freak.
He went and got paid and you think the players think of it as him bailing on them?

Without any actual evidence it sure sounds like you and a few others have jumped all over the rumor wagon, especially if you're calling this an abject failure right now. It might be more transfers than anyone was expecting, but they did just change a rule and everything too.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Duck07 wrote: He went and got paid and you think the players think of it as him bailing on them?

Without any actual evidence it sure sounds like you and a few others have jumped all over the rumor wagon, especially if you're calling this an abject failure right now. It might be more transfers than anyone was expecting, but they did just change a rule and everything too.
In essence that's what he did. They might understand his rationale, but I don't see how it changes the effect. I mean, if your girlfriend left you for Jake Gyllenhaal, I'm sure you'd understand it, but you most certainly wouldn't feel good about it - that is unless you are one of those self-sabotaging cuckold types. Also, define evidence with respect to proof, because what Marty provided is actually evidence based on my understanding of the definition. Also, so far, yes, it has been an abject failure. What would give you reason to give it a passing grade? Multiple All-American talents transferred out of the program - nothing the coach has done so far has alleviated that. Not one added player.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote: He went and got paid and you think the players think of it as him bailing on them?

In essence that's what he did. They might understand his rationale, but I don't see how it changes the effect. I mean, if your girlfriend left you for Jake Gyllenhaal, I'm sure you'd understand it, but you most certainly wouldn't feel good about it - that is unless you are one of those self-sabotaging cuckold types. Also, define evidence with respect to proof, because what Marty provided is actually evidence based on my understanding of the definition. Also, so far, yes, it has been an abject failure. What would give you reason to give it a passing grade? Multiple All-American talents transferred out of the program - nothing the coach has done so far has alleviated that. Not one added player.
Well that is a weird analogy because the players apparently were all dating the same guy, is what you're trying to say? I tend not to go the perverted route and think of it as a coach at a university taking a move to get paid more by another university and the players who enjoyed playing for said coach prefer what they know with him than the unknown of a new coach.

We have a Midwestern Coach acclimating to the West Coast, let's make sure we over react to every last thing before the games have been played and she's had a full year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

AshlandDuck wrote:

Hahaha Geez christ dude. What a weird way to make your point.